NYC Ports to LGA

cjpj

4 minutes ago, cjpj said:

Is an 1130 flight from LGA doable? This would be a Saturday with the ship docking at 6 am. Also, what's the best transportation from Port to LGA?

Which cruise terminal ? Manhattan, Brooklyn or Cape Liberty (which is actually in New Jersey)?

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

Which cruise terminal ? Manhattan, Brooklyn or Cape Liberty (which is actually in New Jersey)?

Manhattan or Brooklyn -not specified yet.

2 minutes ago, cjpj said:

Any chance this is a Princess trip? Their itineraries always say "Manhattan or Brooklyn", but it's almost certain you would be at Brooklyn.  AFAIK, Princess only use the MCT if the ship is in New York as a port stop. For Embarkation and Disembarkation, they use Red Hook/Brooklyn.  We'll be using Brooklyn for the first time, in September on the Enchanted.

1 hour ago, cjpj said:

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

Any chance this is a Princess trip? Their itineraries always say "Manhattan or Brooklyn", but it's almost certain you would be at Brooklyn.  AFAIK, Princess only use the MCT if the ship is in New York as a port stop. For Embarkation and Disembarkation, they use Red Hook/Brooklyn.  We'll be using Brooklyn for the first time, in September on the Enchanted.

No doubt it's Princess  based on the "Manhattan or Brooklyn".

I took a quick look at the 2022 port schedule and unless I overlooked something there's only one Princess cruise this year that will dock in Manhattan.

@cjpj if you tell us exactly what cruise you're on it will be easy to verify whether it's docking in Brooklyn or Manhattan. If it's Brooklyn an 11:30 flight from LGA is doable, but keep in mind that docking at 6 am doesn't mean you'll be able to disembark that early.

Actually even from Manhattan an 11:30 flight from LGA can be done if everything goes according to schedule but I'd do early self disembarkation and book a car service such as Dial 7 or Carmel Limo in advance 

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

No doubt it's Princess  based on the "Manhattan or Brooklyn".

I took a quick look at the 2022 port schedule and unless I overlooked something there's only one Princess cruise this year that will dock in Manhattan.

@cjpj if you tell us exactly what cruise you're on it will be easy to verify whether it's docking in Brooklyn or Manhattan. If it's Brooklyn an 11:30 flight from LGA is doable, but keep in mind that docking at 6 am doesn't mean you'll be able to disembark that early.

Actually even from Manhattan an 11:30 flight from LGA can be done if everything goes according to schedule but I'd do early self disembarkation and book a car service such as Dial 7 or Carmel Limo in advance 

It is a Princess cruise. Enchanted arriving Sept 17. Can do walk off and was thinking of a car service. Can a car service access the port?

Edited by cjpj

20 minutes ago, cjpj said:

It is a Princess cruise. Enchanted arriving Sept 17. Can do walk off and was thinking of a car service. Can a car service access the port?

You'll definitely be docking in Brooklyn. The ship will be starting a series of one week Canada/New England cruises from Brooklyn on that date. Here's the port schedule https://www.nycruise.com/schedule/ .

You're on a transatlantic cruise coming from Southampton. From your itinerary I see the ship stops in Boston before New York, which means you'll clear immigration there, leaving only customs clearance in Brooklyn, and that is normally a very cursory process. That means you should be able to disembark pretty quickly and maybe you don't even have to do walk off.

Yes, car services can access the port as can Uber/Lyft.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

You'll definitely be docking in Brooklyn. The ship will be starting a series of one week Canada/New England cruises from Brooklyn on that date. Here's the port schedule https://www.nycruise.com/schedule/ .

You're on a transatlantic cruise coming from Southampton. From your itinerary I see the ship stops in Boston before New York, which means you'll clear immigration there, leaving only customs clearance in Brooklyn, and that is normally a very cursory process. That means you should be able to disembark pretty quickly and maybe you don't even have to do walk off.

Thanks for all your help!

37 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Just a thought, but given this is a TA arriving for the Enchanted's first visit of the year to the US, there may be some extra Coast Guard inspections, maybe some COVID health inspections, deep cleaning etc. thrown in there as well.  It will probably delay our boarding (we are on the Canada/NE trip on the 17th), but would the extra "bureaucracy" inherent in a ship's first arrival of the year somehow delay disembarkation as well?

22 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Just a thought, but given this is a TA arriving for the Enchanted's first visit of the year to the US, there may be some extra Coast Guard inspections, maybe some COVID health inspections, deep cleaning etc. thrown in there as well.  It will probably delay our boarding (we are on the Canada/NE trip on the 17th), but would the extra "bureaucracy" inherent in a ship's first arrival of the year somehow delay disembarkation as well?

In my experience those types of "extras' only potentially delay embarking passengers, not disembarkations. You want everyone off the ship ASAP if there's a Coast Guard inspection or extra cleaning to do.