Updates To Deposit Policy

shepherd really

Just got this forwarded from my travel agent in regard to deposits and cancellations:

Please be advised of the following updates that will go into effect on July 1, 2022 for new bookings only.
  • For standard cruises where the deposit is currently $750 USD per guest, the new deposit amount will change to $500 USD per guest.
  • For standard cruises where the deposit is currently $1000 CAD per guest, the new deposit amount will change to $750 CAD per guest.
I may have him cancel my 2024 cruise and rebook with the lower deposit.  O doesn't need to hold as much of my money for 20 months. 
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Just got this forwarded from my travel agent in regard to deposits and cancellations:

Please be advised of the following updates that will go into effect on July 1, 2022 for new bookings only.
  • For standard cruises where the deposit is currently $750 USD per guest, the new deposit amount will change to $500 USD per guest.
  • For standard cruises where the deposit is currently $1000 CAD per guest, the new deposit amount will change to $750 CAD per guest.
I may have him cancel my 2024 cruise and rebook with the lower deposit.  O doesn't need to hold as much of my money for 20 months. 

Do you realize that prices are going up on July 1?

22 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

So, they are planning to raise prices on cruises that they can't currently sell out?

Brilliant business decision.  I'm sure that will drive sales through the roof. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Maybe just ask for the new deposit rate without  cancelling

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Is the price increase for real for all cruises

i was looking at a cruise for March of 2024 that I wanted to wait to book on board in two weeks

5 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

i was looking at a cruise for March of 2024 that I wanted to wait to book on board in two weeks

Sometimes it is not all across the board increase

if worried book now then see what the price is  Monday  you can always calcel if the price does not go up & wait until you are onboard

JMO

44 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

Since you are less than 30 days out from a cruise you can get all the on-board perks right now.  And if you sign into your account on the O website and do a mock booking, they will likely call you to see if you want any "help" completing it.  Possibly a call as late as 9:30 pm, ask me how I know.....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

So, they are planning to raise prices on cruises that they can't currently sell out?

Brilliant business decision.  I'm sure that will drive sales through the roof. 

Those cruises that currently do not sell out may have more to do with Covid issues than with fare prices. In general, those who want to cruise on O (and are not letting Covid concerns stop them) will still book after the price increase (which has always happened regularly on O).

First, thanks about the warning about the price increase on July 1.  The price of the cruise went up $600.00 pp.  

My deposit is due on the 7th.  My cruise starts on the 12th.  What do I do to get the on board booking benefits?

Also, is there a way to get the reduced deposit.

4 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

First, thanks about the warning about the price increase on July 1.  The price of the cruise went up $600.00 pp.  

My deposit is due on the 7th.  My cruise starts on the 12th.  What do I do to get the on board booking benefits?

Best advice is to call your TA and have them give you all the details along with applicable discounts. 

5 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Call Oceania and tell the phone rep you want the “book onboard” discount/perks on the newly booked cruise since you’ll be embarking on an upcoming O cruise within 30 days.

You then have 30 days from your date of deposit to transfer the booking to your preferred TA (or to another one you may choose to use) for their added perks.

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Call Oceania and tell the phone rep you want the “book onboard” discount/perks on the newly booked cruise since you’ll be embarking on an upcoming O cruise within 30 days.

You then have 30 days from your date of deposit to transfer the booking to your preferred TA (or to another one you may choose to use) for their added perks.

Called Oceania

asked for the on board discount because I was sailing within 30 days.  The O rep said the onboard booking discount only applies after the cruise, not before.  I asked him to check with higher up. Same answer.

Anywhere this appears in writing?

5 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

Called Oceania

asked for the on board discount because I was sailing within 30 days.  The O rep said the onboard booking discount only applies after the cruise, not before.  I asked him to check with higher up. Same answer.

When you get onboard go talk to the Future sales person   they will  sort it out for you

JMO

23 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

Called Oceania

IMO: So wrong! In fact, it makes zero sense since it’s an onboard discount -not an after cruise discount. 

At the recent opening for 2024 booking, I called O the day before and gave the O rep I often use for initial bookings the details of a new booking. I also asked for the onboard booking discount since we were getting on Insignia about a couple of weeks later. No problem. One week later, I transferred the cruise to a TA.

I have done this before -at least twice.

Call back and talk to someone else (Sadly, like TAs, great O Reps are not “created equal.”

You could also have the O Club ambassador on your upcoming cruise handle it if it’s within that 30 days since you made the initial deposit. But, if there is any problem such that s/he needs to do a rebook, you could lose your cabin pick or worst still, be subject to the 7/1 price increase. (Worst case scenario).

Will call O again on the 6th.  My hold expires on the 7th..  if I can’t get an O agent to give me the onboard discount, I am thinking to ask them to extend my hold till the 12th, the day I board Insignia.

Any chance the onboard Ambassador on Insignia will be working on embarkation day.

Update

”HUCA” (Hang Up Call Again ) worked.  Not sure I got the full benefit, but I will check with onboard ambassador once we board Insignia .

I was told the price of the future cruise was reduce $500.00 pp,   An onboard credit of $100.00 for our current cruise and a reduced deposit on the future cruise of $250.00 pp.

Again thanks to everyone for their help.

2 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Will call O again on the 6th.  My hold expires on the 7th..  if I can’t get an O agent to give me the onboard discount, I am thinking to ask them to extend my hold till the 12th, the day I board Insignia.

Any chance the onboard Ambassador on Insignia will be working on embarkation day.

Usually not working on a changeover day unless you ask Guest Services to contact him/her.

1 hour ago, roberts2005 said:

Update

”HUCA” (Hang Up Call Again ) worked.  Not sure I got the full benefit, but I will check with onboard ambassador once we board Insignia .

I was told the price of the future cruise was reduce $500.00 pp,   An onboard credit of $100.00 for our current cruise and a reduced deposit on the future cruise of $250.00 pp.

As far as $ goes, you got the price drop and the $100 SBC per cabin (which is usually per segment booked). If you want to make doubly sure, request an updated invoice that will show the book onboard credit on page one and the $100 SBC under “amenities.”

59 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

As far as $ goes, you got the price drop and the $100 SBC per cabin (which is usually per segment booked). If you want to make doubly sure, request an updated invoice that will show the book onboard credit on page one and the $100 SBC under “amenities.”

I’m happy with the results.  I will meet with the O ambassador once on board, but  now no need to rush

10 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

I’m happy with the results.  I will meet with the O ambassador once on board, but  now no need to rush

Remember too that you have 30 days from the deposit date to transfer to a TA for their added perks. Some of them will have access to O’s OCAPP funds (directly or via a TA consortium) which will pay your gratuities (if you don’t have high enough O Club status to always get them provided). They may also do commission sharing as refundable SBC or a rebate (at anywhere from 5-10%+\- of the commissionable fare). Needless to say, depending on your itinerary/cabin class, that can be a “chunk of change” in your pocket.

46 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Remember too that you have 30 days from the deposit date to transfer to a TA for their added perks. Some of them will have access to O’s OCAPP funds (directly or via a TA consortium) which will pay your gratuities (if you don’t have high enough O Club status to always get them provided). They may also do commission sharing as refundable SBC or a rebate (at anywhere from 5-10%+\- of the commissionable fare). Needless to say, depending on your itinerary/cabin class, that can be a “chunk of change” in your pocket.

Again, appreciate the advice.  By the time of this cruise we will be over 10.  My TA normally will provide close to 10% refundable OBC..  I will ask about any additional OBC in lieu of needing gratuities.

I’ll transfer as soon as I confirm everything with the onboard ambassador.

Hope to meet you in October.

18 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Update

Would have been far easier to have just called your Travel Agent in the very beginning and let them work it. One phone call or text and it would have been taken care of. No bad information, No HUCA, no exasperation. 

Expending all that wasted time and energy must be something some people enjoy! Otherwise, they have excellent options. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Would have been far easier to have just called your Travel Agent in the very beginning and let them work it. One phone call or text and it would have been taken care of. No bad information, No HUCA, no exasperation. 

Expending all that wasted time and energy must be something some people enjoy! Otherwise, they have excellent options. 

Maybe if I had transferred to a TA.   I will only transfer to a TA when I have finalized the price.  I will then confirm the amount of refundable OBC before I transfer.

I have used the same travel agent for my last 3 Oceania cruises, but still want to know what perks I am getting before the transfer.