Pre cruise - Rapid Antigen Test - Surpervised

Josh2512

Hi

I appreciate that this question may have been asked before, and I apologise for asking it again.

We as a family of 4 are due to go on our first RCI Cruise on the 24th July from Port Canaveral and need Pre-cruise supervised rapid antigen tests prior to boarding.

In order to save us some money, we have found a provider in UK (that is on the government approved testing providers for the UK) that is able to do this, for £25 per test. However according to the RCI website they need to have a CLIA lab number. However as this CLIA number is US - specific the UK provider doesnt have one.

Can anyone tell me if they have used a UK provider for their pre cruise test or is it better just to pay the extra money and book an appointment to get this done in Florida?

I dont want to pay the money for the UK supervised tests and then be denied boarding due to them not be what RCI have specified.

The RCI website also have a link to a provider for pre-cruise testing however when you go to order them - they ask for the address that you will be staying when you arrive in the UK!!

Its a bit of a nightmare!

If anyone can help with any advice or even who they booked their pre cruise tests through and cost I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

If you are willing to wait until you get into the US, there is a very convenient COVID testing place at the Orlando International Airport for $65 that has the rapid Antigen tests at a clinic right inside the airport

• Like 1

Assuming you are from the UK, ask over in the UK Cruisers forum. In the US, almost everyone I know is using the at home, monitored over the internet test from Abbott. A six pack of tests is usually about $150.