Seashore...Which YC suite would you pick?

mafig

18003 - Too close to the restaurant entrance?  (lots of foot traffic?).  On wrong side for the light show.

19040    Noise from the pool deck above.

19044     "    "

Which would YOU pick?

The light show is just OK. I would not book my room to view the show. Watched it from the starboard side bridge wing even though we have cabin 16010. 

Do not think you will hear any traffic as their is a separate hallway for the rooms and hallway to the dining room. Will check for sure on deck 19 but that is how it is on deck 16. One hallway for people walking to topsail lounge and another hallway behind glass to access the cabins on that floor.

I like to be near top sail lounge so everything is close. 

• Thanks 1

• Host Carolyn changed the title to Seashore...Which YC suite would you pick?
1 hour ago, frank808 said:

The light show is just OK. I would not book my room to view the show. Watched it from the starboard side bridge wing even though we have cabin 16010. 

Do not think you will hear any traffic as their is a separate hallway for the rooms and hallway to the dining room. Will check for sure on deck 19 but that is how it is on deck 16. One hallway for people walking to topsail lounge and another hallway behind glass to access the cabins on that floor.

I like to be near top sail lounge so everything is close. 

The suite that's close to the restaurant is on Deck 18.  (18003)

In 18003, you really get no foot traffic from the restaurant and that is the opposite side of the entrance.   However, I do like the starboard side because of the view of Ocean Cay.  The light show is ok but nothing to book a room around.  Of those rooms, I would take 18003

17 hours ago, mafig said:

That's what I just did.😊

Good choice. I like to be closest to the top sail lounge.

When are you going?

It was a great 2 weeks on Seashore. YC exceeded my last cruise on Seaside. Met many more Americans than 4 years ago on Seaaide.  Staff is outstanding and accommodating. Food was amazing though a little repetitious. 

You two have a great cruise. Will see you on a future cruise. 

7 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Good choice. I like to be closest to the top sail lounge.

When are you going?

You two have a great cruise. Will see you on a future cruise. 

Our cruise is 10/29 (8 days).  

It was between Seashore and Oasis.  Seashore was a little cheaper with (as you know) more benefits.

They still had me listed as Diamond....I thought I might have expired.  Did you get a chocolate ship?

There were only a few YC suites left and none on Deck 16, which I probably would have selected.

Are you going home now, or do you have something else planned?

2 minutes ago, mafig said:

Our cruise is 10/29 (8 days).  

It was between Seashore and Oasis.  Seashore was a little cheaper with (as you know) more benefits.

They still had me listed as Diamond....I thought I might have expired.  Did you get a chocolate ship?

There were only a few YC suites left and none on Deck 16, which I probably would have selected.

Are you going home now, or do you have something else planned?

Yes we got 6 chocolate ships 6 MSC backpacks (which are surprisingly large), 4 bottles of spumante and a specialty tasting menu each week.

MSC extended MSC Status for an extra year. 

The food in Seashore YC restraunt superior to Butchers cut and Ocean Cay was bad. Found Seashore YC restraunt better than Seaside. She had clams and linguine and she said it was not good. Left a tip for waitstaff and came up to Topsail and had dinner with son and I. She loved the cheesecake at Ocean Cay seafood restaurant. 

Another couple we met, will be on the Seaside for the OCT cruise. Wish we were coming but have to use up FCC on Royal.

From what I understand, a lot of YC staff will be reporting to Sescape in preparation of her sailing to New York.

Have a  fun cruise!

• Like 1