Unlimited Beverage Package: Strategies?

I know this has to be a burn out topic, some may say controversial......

Been a while since my last cruise, want to start this topic to share your strategies to conquer/get the best/squeeze the last penny of the UBP.

Please, don't be shy......share your wisdom 🤪

Edited by Dantorr

You might want to change your font so people can read it. I had to enlarge your post to see what it says. Welcome to cc.

@John&LaLaoften posts lots of drinks to try.

Treeskier kept track to make sure he got more than his moneys worth. 

Drink a lot? Is that a strategy? 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You might want to change your font so people can read it. I had to enlarge your post to see what it says. Welcome to cc.

@John&LaLaoften posts lots of drinks to try.

Treeskier kept track to make sure he got more than his moneys worth. 

Drink a lot? Is that a strategy? 

Thanks for the advise! just want for the people to share how they beat the DBP, get their money worth, squeeze every penny.....

Package is great to try new things ( as long as they don’t exceed maximum level) , ask the bartender for recommendation, if you don’t like it just try something else , each bar on the ship will have slightly different inventory, always good to start at breakfast with Bloody Mary or screwdriver, my wife likes champagne in the morning.

• Like 1

Figure out the per day price of the package including gratuities Divide that number by $15 (cost of an alcoholic beverage with tip).  Drink that many every day.  Beat the package by adding non alcoholic options such as smoothies, specialty coffees, bottled water, soda.  Voila you did it!

And please change your font.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, poocher said:

Figure out the per day price of the package including gratuities Divide that number by $15 (cost of an alcoholic beverage with tip).  Drink that many every day.  Beat the package by adding non alcoholic options such as smoothies, specialty coffees, bottled water, soda.  Voila you did it!

And please change your font.

In fairness to Dantorr, surely we can’t expect the bloke who wants strategies for squeezing the last penny out of the Unlimited Beverage Plan to use Courier New? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Use it for cocktails and liquor.  Those have high menu prices.

If you don't do the package, then pick beer and included beverages, lemonade, tea, water etc.  Carry on wine.

But most people just order the drinks they like and get the value of the package for convenience regardless of how many drinks/costs would be incurred.

Lots of different ways to enjoy!

It is very obvious that this post was created in an attempt to get everyone riled up.

Most likely by existing member who created a new ID.

Don't fall for it........

Edited by matj2000
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, matj2000 said:

It is very obvious that this post was created in an attempt to get everyone riled up.

Most likely by existing member who created a new ID.

Don't fall for it........

I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dantorr said:

Been a while since my last cruise, want to start this topic to share your strategies to conquer/get the best/squeeze the last penny of the UBP.

The font is a dead giveaway. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Start day with fresh squeezed OJ, espresso drinks, and a mimosa.  You also get sparkling water, Pelligrino with fruit is nice.  Order lots of bottled water to stay hydrated.  Lots of pool drinks.  Maybe some drinkies with and after dinner.  Don't forget sparkling water.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dantorr said:

Thanks for the advise! just want for the people to share how they beat the DBP, get their money worth, squeeze every penny.....

Get wasted? Just don’t do what they did on Carnival the other day.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Haha 4

If your cruise has many sea days- package seems to work out well.  However if you are off the ship most days- may not pay.  We stopped ordering the packages-  Now prefer the refreshment package which gives us special waters, coffees, virgin cocktails and soft drinks- we bring bottled water and cola to our cabins and take if we go off the ship.  Since we are diamond members, we also get 4 free alcoholic drinks a day.  More then enough for us.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Dantorr said:

01E9630F-839A-499F-9704-C436BB91D005.jpeg.c9191de06512ab447bbd3b3402b67813.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Dantorr said:

Your font is very annoying and difficult to read here.  It’s a cruise question not a wedding invitation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Get wasted? Just don’t do what they did on Carnival the other day.

The most interesting thing about that story was that the whole thing happened at 5-something in the morning.

Years ago, I was in an airport bar and talking with another traveller.  The conversation made its way to cruising.  He was a Carnival cruiser who most certainly enjoyed his drink.  We were comparing the drnk packages with Carnival and RC, and he made a comment along the lines of "when you get to that fifteenth drink, and it's only 9:30 in the morning, that's a long day."  I couldn't really get my head around how that happens at the time.  I get it now.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dantorr said:

Our strategy is to never ever buy one.😇

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Dantorr said:

One of my strategies is asking for a bottle of water when you order a drink.  Over the course of the first few of days I like to load my cabin refrigerator with waters so that I have plenty for the entire week.  On port days I load up my rucksack with with waters for both myself and DW and we stay well hydrated during any tour/excursion we are on.  At $3 a bottle it really helps take a chunk out of the overall cost of the DBP.  Another strategy, if you like OJ, is to make sure you always order the fresh squeezed OJ from one of the servers in the Windjammer at breakfast.  If you are an OJ snob like me you will really appreciate the difference between what they serve to the masses vs. the good fresh squeezed stuff. The OJ is $5 a glass one of those each morning also help to get good value. My final strategy for getting value out of the package is... DON'T DRINK WINDJAMMER COFFEE!  Pick up a Latte or a Cappuccino in the morning before heading in to breakfast.  The two weakest parts of Royal's beverage game are their regular coffee and the previously mentioned OJ.  Stay away from them.

Welcome to cruise critic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

One of my strategies is asking for a bottle of water when you order a drink.  Over the course of the first few of days I like to load my cabin refrigerator with waters so that I have plenty for the entire week.  On port days I load up my rucksack with with waters for both myself and DW and we stay well hydrated during any tour/excursion we are on.  At $3 a bottle it really helps take a chunk out of the overall cost of the DBP.  Another strategy, if you like OJ, is to make sure you always order the fresh squeezed OJ from one of the servers in the Windjammer at breakfast.  If you are an OJ snob like me you will really appreciate the difference between what they serve to the masses vs. the good fresh squeezed stuff. The OJ is $5 a glass one of those each morning also help to get good value. My final strategy for getting value out of the package is... DON'T DRINK WINDJAMMER COFFEE!  Pick up a Latte or a Cappuccino in the morning before heading in to breakfast.  The two weakest parts of Royal's beverage game are their regular coffee and the previously mentioned OJ.  Stay away from them.

Welcome to cruise critic. 

Never understood the difference between "fresh" OJ and "fresh squeezed" OJ.... isn't all of it squeezed?

(Ducking) 😛

Edited by vjmatty
typo
  • Haha 3