Unlimited Dining Plan on Oasis: They can't change it after you bought it can they?????

15 minutes ago, Project-College said:

The point is still they only said 'Playmakers' and 'Portside' were $20 credit.... ALL OTHER ala carte (including Solarium and others) were $35 credit.  I will check about the Izumi as that is listed on their site, even today, as ale carte! 

Solarium is free. Royal does a lousy job of going back and editing out incorrect information which leads to a lot of confusion

• Like 1

It’s in this text - you just had to scroll all the way down.  It clearly says in the last paragraph that Restaurants with a La carte pricing get $35.  Sorry it’s small - iPad!  😀

BD8AB6A9-5F76-494F-8378-3DC610C4C40A.png

Edited by pstone1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

It’s in this text - you just had to scroll all the way down.  It clearly says in the last paragraph that Restaurants with a La carte pricing get $35.  Sorry it’s small - iPad!  😀

BD8AB6A9-5F76-494F-8378-3DC610C4C40A.png

Thks... maybe they are in fact changing Izumi to a NON-ala carte. 

Again all of u are veterans, I have only been on 3 RCL cruises... the first was Song of America back in the early 80's so I will keep seeing the various responses.

To be honest, personally I don't eat much so the MDR would have been fine for me but my DW and hungry sons.... that's a whole different story! 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think I know what has happened.

Izumi used to be a la carte.  Everything was an individual price.

They have now gone to a prix-fixe  menu that consists of;

Start off with one (1) small plate, like Miso Soup or Pork Gyoza Dumplings. Then, pick your choice of two (2) large plates from a selection of signature rolls, sushi & sashimi, flavorful bowls of ramen and more. Top it all off with one (1) delicious dessert

That is why the $35 reference is no longer listed.  Izumi is now no different that Chops or Jamie's as far as pricing

We did Izumi for the first time back in March on the Odyssey.  We had a choice of à la carte or the $34.99 meal you mentioned.  We went with the $34.99 meal.  I was worried that I would leave hungry.  I was stuffed.  Found the food very good and really enjoyed that meal more than we expected.

• Like 3

A question I can’t find the answer to in the fine print….

If Johnny Rockets has a cover charge on Oasis  instead of a la carte pricing, can I assume that it would be covered by the UDP?

Also, I know that in the other restaurants children 5 and under are free but eat from the kids menu. Do kids 5 and under pay the full cover charge for Johnny Rockets?

Just called RCL twice and given different info each time!

Once told that ALL ala carte, including Izumi, only get a credit of $20.

Second call, Izumi is treated as a normal specialty restraunt and fully covered.

Why can't they train there staff.

I think I am cancelling the UDP

1 minute ago, Project-College said:

My luck... they are BOTH wrong.

I am going to try one more time today to get someone ON OASIS now to see what the story is.

Good luck with getting someone on Oasis unless you know someone who is cruising.  Calling Royal certainly won't get you that.

Their call centre sucks.  They are reading from the same old, outdated, some updated information on the website that you are.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Good luck with getting someone on Oasis unless you know someone who is cruising.  Calling Royal certainly won't get you that.

Their call centre sucks.  They are reading from the same old, outdated, some updated information on the website that you are.

I think your right and that is so frustrating!

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thank goodness the on board experience is better than the call centre

Thanks for the response on the other thread too.  I will post once I hear back from CURRENT Oasis sailors as to exactly how Izumi on Oasis is being treated.  Hope ur right and it is treated just as the Chops, Park, etc.  ESPECIALLY for lunch, as that's when my two HUNGRY boys would be going!

Can't say for certain but wanted to share what I see in my cruise planner for my upcoming cruises.  I don't have either booked.

UDP for Oasis wording for December.

What's Included

• Unlimited visits to speciality dining restaurants every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days. 
  • For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit, with the exception of Port Side BBQ and Playmakers which will be $20.
  • For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge, and Dadong is included, with a $35 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

UDP for Harmony wording for February.

What's Included

• Unlimited visits to speciality dining restaurants every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days. 
  • For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you'll receive a $20 food credit
  • Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge, and Dadong is included, with a $35 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

RCI = Really Consistently Inconsistent.  I wouldn't cancel.  If you get on the ship, ask at Izumi on day 1.  If they say it isn't,  you can cancel then before taking advantage of any of the meals.  

I had UDP on Odyssey in February and it was the $35 then.  My wife and I ate there at least 4 times (twice for lunch) and each time used the App, 2 rolls and dessert option.  The sushi chef even made us a special/extra role one time which wasn't on the menu and it was fantastic.  No additional charge.  Good luck and hopefully it will work out for you.

Edited by dwp10mm
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Project-College said:

To be honest, personally I don't eat much so the MDR would have been fine for me but my DW and hungry sons.... that's a whole different story! 

If you/they want, one can have every entree on the menu in the MDR - quantity of food is one thing the MDR does NOT lack when compared to the specialty venues.

Edited by Biker19

24 minutes ago, dwp10mm said:

Can't say for certain but wanted to share what I see in my cruise planner for my upcoming cruises.  I don't have either booked.

UDP for Oasis wording for December.

What's Included

• For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit, with the exception of Port Side BBQ and Playmakers which will be $20.
  • For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge, and Dadong is included, with a $35 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

UDP for Harmony wording for February.

What's Included

• For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you'll receive a $20 food credit
  • Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge, and Dadong is included, with a $35 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

RCI = Really Consistently Inconsistent.  I wouldn't cancel.  If you get on the ship, ask at Izumi on day 1.  If they say it isn't,  you can cancel then before taking advantage of any of the meals.  

I had UDP on Odyssey in February and it was the $35 then.  My wife and I ate there at least 4 times (twice for lunch) and each time used the App, 2 rolls and dessert option.  The sushi chef even made us a special/extra role one time which wasn't on the menu and it was fantastic.  No additional charge.  Good luck and hopefully it will work out for you.

Thks

Question - I bought UDP for upcoming Allure cruise in November from the Old cruise planner.    That’s when it said “gratuities included”, and not broken out the way the new cruise planner charges.

will the specialty dining staff know I’ve paid gratuities included under old Planner purchases  (I will leave a little more) - or will they think I am stiffing them if not broken out with a gratuities line? 

Edited by ocean sounds
Added

1 hour ago, Project-College said:

Does MDR serve Sushi for lunch?

No, but you -sometimes- find some in the buffet.  If you have the UDP and really want the sushi, then head to Izumi.  If it happens to be the prix fix menu, then go ahead and get one for yourself and let your boys go to town on that, too (after you're done, of course 😉)

We've raised two boys, as well, and we know just how much they can put away!

I remember years and years ago some commercial where they were talking about how teenaged boys can eat.  I don't recall who or what the ad was for, but I distinctly recall the "Dad" standing next to the "son" who was standing at the open refrigerator door.  Dad asked, a little puzzled, "are you eating butter?"

I don't know why he was puzzled.  Should've seen that one coming!

1 minute ago, ocean sounds said:

Question - I bought UDP for upcoming Allure cruise in November from the Old cruise planner.    That’s when it said “gratuities included”, and not broken out the way the new cruise planner charges.

will the specialty dining staff know I’ve paid gratuities under old Planner purchases  (I will leave a little more) - or will they think I am stiffing them if not broken out with a gratuities line? 

Frankly, I don't know that they would know either way.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

will the specialty dining staff know I’ve paid gratuities included under old Planner purchases  

Grats have been and are included regardless of the math games RCI is playing.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1