Princess Website - No Premiere Option

Tedferg

I wondered about two Specialty Dinners with Premiere Package, just an idle thought. Specifically, that it is two SD regardless of cruise length, right? So, the benefit of the package varies between say a four day and a ten-day cruise.

I did a few test bookings. ranging from three to sixteen days, to check this out and only standard or Plus appear on Princess website.

Edited by Tedferg

I noticed this too on some recent cruises I was researching.  I wondered why it wasn't showing the Premiere option too, but chalked it up to the unstable website 🙂  That was several days ago, so now it makes me really wonder what is going on.  

3 hours ago, jwattle said:

Where does the cruise originate? It's been available on all of ours...

I just did several mock bookings, California Coastal / Alaska / Panama Canal to get a range of number of days. I ended up with all west Coast origins.

ETA just checked a 28 day Canada/New England from Southampton - same thing.

Edited by Tedferg
  • Thanks 1

Just as a FYI - I use Safari web browser and I have an ad blocker extension in use that blocks most ads. When I have this extension turned on, I only see the Standard and Plus options - no Premiere package option on any cruise I look at. However, when I disable the ad blocker, I then do get all three package options (Standard, Plus, Premiere) AND with the ad blocker off, no Window Suites on any ship show (but they do with the ad blocker on). So bizarre!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bagney said:

Just as a FYI - I use Safari web browser and I have an ad blocker extension in use that blocks most ads. When I have this extension turned on, I only see the Standard and Plus options - no Premiere package option on any cruise I look at. However, when I disable the ad blocker, I then do get all three package options (Standard, Plus, Premiere) AND with the ad blocker off, no Window Suites on any ship show (but they do with the ad blocker on). So bizarre!

Now this is interesting.  I rarely can see Window Suite options.  I can pull up Window Suites, but unable to find which ones are available.  Hmmmm.  I have no clue as on/off ad blocker.  

• Like 1

Amazing - Firefox shows all three categories, including Premiere. Not aware that I have any ad blocker.

Tried ad blocker some time ago and had trouble with several sites, so removed it.

• Like 1

Just now, cr8tiv1 said:

Now this is interesting.  I rarely can see Window Suite options.  I can pull up Window Suites, but unable to find which ones are available.  Hmmmm.  I have no clue as on/off ad blocker.  

For the Alaska cruise I booked yesterday on the Grand Princess (tried with the $1 deposit promotion but that didn't work as Full Suites are not included), with the ad blocker on I could only see Window Suite F301 (the smaller of the 7 window suites). So I went to a couple 'big box' sites and saw that all of the Window Suites were available except F315 (handicap cabin). So I did the Live Chat with Princess and after having to exert a little 'knowledge' they did 'find' the Window Suites and I was able to book the one I wanted. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tedferg said:

Amazing - Firefox shows all three categories, including Premiere. Not aware that I have any ad blocker.

Tried ad blocker some time ago and had trouble with several sites, so removed it.

Yes, some websites don't 'like' the ad blocker and I have to disable if I really want to use that website.

Just looked at Edge Settings and saw Privacy set to 'Strict' changed it back to 'Medium' and now premiere option shows. Strange. I don't know how this setting gets set. I had another problem recently and found this to be the problem, so set it to Medium. Somehow it has been reset!

Also strange that Princess website would behave this way, maybe Premium is some sort of overlay / add on, rather than redoing website.

ETA I should have said Setting is now "Balanced' not Medium.

ETA EDGE The Strict setting does state that some sites might not work correctly.

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 2