Is a Grand Suite worth the price?

Lisichka

Traveling solo and paid a deposit on a balcony and a grand suite (Europa, deck 12 balcony or deck 9 Grand Suite).

Drives me crazy that there are no pictures yet.  I can’t tell if the balcony at the back of the ship can be accessed too, or just on the side for the GS (for deck 9 and 10).

Those if you who had a GS is the extra cost worth it? 

Edited by Lisichka

If ever MSC sells a grand suite for a solo. They used to not be so solo friendly before the pandemic. Things might have changed a lot now that there's no demand for full ships...

By and large only you will know if a GS is worth the price or not. By the way, and just IMHO, there is such a thing to consider on that choice named the experience grade. If you're coming from a Fantastica/Aurea experience to an Yacht Club one with such a bearable difference, then I'd say: Yes, it compensates the cost. So; now, if you're considering coming from such a Fantastica/Aurea experience to a similar one with the same, even if bearable, difference, I'd say: No; it doesn't compensate. Aurea these days is no more than a glorified Fantastica cabin by the terms and conditions. Unless more real estate space is really important for you, pretty much an Aurea cabin doesn't make sense IMHO these days. Anytime dining and some priority boarding plus very basic drinks package can be easily surpassed by any good promo you'll find out there for regular fantastica cabins...

Have a nice day!...

5 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

If ever MSC sells a grand suite for a solo. They used to not be so solo friendly before the pandemic. Things might have changed a lot now that there's no demand for full ships...

By and large only you will know if a GS is worth the price or not. By the way, and just IMHO, there is such a thing to consider on that choice named the experience grade. If you're coming from a Fantastica/Aurea experience to an Yacht Club one with such a bearable difference, then I'd say: Yes, it compensates the cost. So; now, if you're considering coming from such a Fantastica/Aurea experience to a similar one with the same, even if bearable, difference, I'd say: No; it doesn't compensate. Aurea these days is no more than a glorified Fantastica cabin by the terms and conditions. Unless more real estate space is really important for you, pretty much an Aurea cabin doesn't make sense IMHO these days. Anytime dining and some priority boarding plus very basic drinks package can be easily surpassed by any good promo you'll find out there for regular fantastica cabins...

Have a nice day!...

There is no drink package included with a Grand Suite Aurea. 

i want to splurge because it will be a 16 day sailing through the Suez Canal with a lot of sea days.  I like space and the fact that it has a balcony facing both to the side and back sounds nice.

it is about $1100 more for the 16 days than an ocean view balcony (solo, cabin twice the size with windows on 2 sides of cabin and wrap around balcony).

Edited by Lisichka

7 hours ago, Lisichka said:

There is no drink package included with a Grand Suite Aurea. 

i want to splurge because it will be a 16 day sailing through the Suez Canal with a lot of sea days.  I like space and the fact that it has a balcony facing both to the side and back sounds nice.

it is about $1100 more for the 16 days than an ocean view balcony (solo, cabin twice the size with windows on 2 sides of cabin and wrap around balcony).

That's not that bad quote these days, considering you're solo. Again for a 16 days it may be then worth it.

I thought Aurea would indeed to get basic Easy drinks package. Either way; if you can find a good promo that will give you same cabin with it at a bearable price tag, good luck!

Edited by Nunagoras

3 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

That's not that bad quote these days, considering you're solo. Again for a 16 days it may be then worth it.

I thought Aurea would indeed to get basic Easy drinks package. Either way; if you can find a good promo that will give you same cabin with it at a bearable price tag, good luck!

Yeah, they stopped giving the drink package with Aurea cabins.

1 hour ago, Lisichka said:

Yeah, they stopped giving the drink package with Aurea cabins.

That way, Aurea is becoming way overpriced for the real benefit. Larger cabins, anytime dining, and a dedicated priority embarkation at embarkation day are the main benefits, plus a few more discounts and the likes here and there. My suggestion: If a good TA can offer you a combo of both a same category suite you're envisioning and a drinks package at roughly the same price, go for it!... Difficult? Maybe depending on from where you are... But it is not to be impossible!... Here in Portugal pretty much everyone is receiving at least an Easy plus package with Fantastica and above cabins, except if you're part of a charter or your cruise coincides with either way Portuguese public holiday days or Christmas, new year or Easter week cruises, as part of the deal. Maybe they'll to have something similar from where you live?

On 7/5/2022 at 11:04 AM, Nunagoras said:

That way, Aurea is becoming way overpriced for the real benefit. Larger cabins, anytime dining, and a dedicated priority embarkation at embarkation day are the main benefits, plus a few more discounts and the likes here and there. My suggestion: If a good TA can offer you a combo of both a same category suite you're envisioning and a drinks package at roughly the same price, go for it!... Difficult? Maybe depending on from where you are... But it is not to be impossible!... Here in Portugal pretty much everyone is receiving at least an Easy plus package with Fantastica and above cabins, except if you're part of a charter or your cruise coincides with either way Portuguese public holiday days or Christmas, new year or Easter week cruises, as part of the deal. Maybe they'll to have something similar from where you live?

I will never use a TA, not worth the few benefits for me. The GS comes with a $500 OBC, and I don’t drink more than 1-2 drinks a day (if that).  This is in what new ship Europa, and GS are sold out, so am holding on to it until Indecide.

• Thanks 1