Highland Dress

payman

The question most asked to guys in kilts, " is anything worn under the kilt?". The answer is, " no, it is all in perfect working order " :D :D ;)

My DH wears his kilt with pride , just wish we had out next cruise booked so he can wear it again to formal night.

:) It was March 2005 that I last posted on this board, I had been fed up with all the nonsense that was being said,very little constructive material.

I see that we are at it again with the old chestnut ( dress code ).

I have no intention of ever wearing a tuxedo, or condescending to hiring one,and besides I will not be told by any passenger, past, present or in the future what I must wear at the formal nights. I will always abide by the rules on board ship with neat and acceptable lounge suits.

By the way, as I come from SCOTLAND (Braveheart Country) I am entitled to wear the Highland Dress of my home country,this is accepted all over the world, butwill certain cruise passengers accept this.

Please, please give it a rest, I do agree everbody should be neat and tidy, we do not want a lot of passengers looking over their shoulders wondering if somebody is talking about them in their lounge suits ?.

This coming June my family and I are going on the Infinity to Alaska, this will be followed by a trip in the Caribbean March 2007 on the Constellation. We were through the Panama Canal with the Radiance of the Seas October 2005, also to Hawaii on the Radiance September 2004.

We have cruised on the Voyager & Explorer of the Seas as well as Disney Magic, oh. and not to forget our old friend the "Zenith". I think I have been to quite a few formal nights.

Of course it is formal dress WEAR IT WITH PRIDE. Nothing looks better and draws glances of admiration the world over.

Sue

I've seriously considered trashing my tux and upgrading to a kilt. Born in Scotland, have my tartin and pin. I say...if anyone gives to any grief, just pull out your little kilt knife and shank'em! LOL Really though, whenever I see kilts on a cruise they always seem to well received and welcome.

Enjoy,

David

I have to disagree with Halos about Highland Dress not being "formal"; it most certainly IS formal wear among Celts! My husband and I are both of full-blooded Irish descent and he wore a kilt on Celebrity Summit last fall to Alaska - it was a little cold (hee hee) but he was much admired and even took a formal photo with all the other gents aboard who wore kilts, about 5 in total. They looked great, had a great time and it's so much more than a tuxedo. BTW, when someone asked him what he was wearing under his kilt, he replied "a little talcum powder".

I'm sorry...you misunderstood me.

I never meant for that to sound as if I thought that Highland dress was not formal although I could see how you took it that way. I wasn't very clear...I just was disagreeing with the OP's thoughts on having to dress fromal on formal night:

"I have no intention of ever wearing a tuxedo, or condescending to hiring one,and besides I will not be told by any passenger, past, present or in the future what I must wear at the formal nights. I will always abide by the rules on board ship with neat and acceptable lounge suits."

I do know that Highland dress is formal and I think it's wonderful. :D

Having a bit of Scot and Irish blood, let me say, I am always proud to see a gentleman in full formal (kilt) regalia. No matter how a man looks in "street" clothes, he always, always looks handsomer in a kilt. I admit to staring when I see a man in a kilt but it is because of that handsomeness, not because I think his dress is inappropriate. Please come on my cruise and wear the whole outfit!

Archived