Warning if your about to cruise on Coral.

Hi fellow Coral Cruisers.

We are booked on the Coral Princess for a 28 nighter around Australia in October, 2022.

We booked cabin E724, aft on Emerald deck 8.

Yesterday I found out that our cabin had been moved by Princess without notice to a top floor cabin at the stern. This is unsuitable to us as the wife gets sea sick.

I rang my T/A who had no knowledge of the change. Princess were contacted and the only cabin they could offer us was worse. 

The ship is full so this will be a deal breaker for us.

PS. Anyone who has got Emerald deck aft cabins booked, check your booking because you won't be told.

Apparently they are using these cabins for Covid.

I know the cruise company can change your cabins but hey a bit of customer service would of been nice. Had this cabin booked for 18 months 

NOT IMPRESSED. 

Have you technically been upgraded?

They always do "upgrades" to an identical cabin on a higher deck, and because it is considered a better booking category they do it. The only way to avoid that is by electing "no upgrades" when you book.

Same as with other lines, a "complimentary upgrade" isn't communicated and it just shows up that way in the personaliser.

That said, it looks like you have been shifted from a BE cabin to a BE cabin, which isn't an upgrade, so should be communicated. Still, I can't see there will be any real difference in motion from an aft cabin on deck 8 and an aft cabin on deck 12.

It looks like this is happening to many Coral Princess Cruises. We are on b2b cruises from August 12, and when checking my account found that our cabin had been changed. We had been moved from an Emerald Aft cabin to aft deck 12 - opposite the teen lounge, 2 cabins down from the laundromat and under the gym!!  Not an upgrade but moved due to Princess blocking out aft deck 8.

Spent over an hour on the phone with a helpful Princess call centre man who eventually managed to find us reasonable substitute cabins -  one of the cruises is sold out. Unfortunately no possibility of having the same cabin for both cruises as we had previously but at least not the awful position Princess moved us to. 

If you have a cruise coming up in an Emerald deck aft I suggest you check your booking to see if you have also been moved.

1 hour ago, portcbob said:

Hi fellow Coral Cruisers.

We are booked on the Coral Princess for a 28 nighter around Australia in October, 2022.

We booked cabin E724, aft on Emerald deck 8.

Yesterday I found out that our cabin had been moved by Princess without notice to a top floor cabin at the stern. This is unsuitable to us as the wife gets sea sick.

I rang my T/A who had no knowledge of the change. Princess were contacted and the only cabin they could offer us was worse. 

The ship is full so this will be a deal breaker for us.

PS. Anyone who has got Emerald deck aft cabins booked, check your booking because you won't be told.

Apparently they are using these cabins for Covid.

I know the cruise company can change your cabins but hey a bit of customer service would of been nice. Had this cabin booked for 18 months 

NOT IMPRESSED. 

43 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Have you technically been upgraded?

They always do "upgrades" to an identical cabin on a higher deck, and because it is considered a better booking category they do it. The only way to avoid that is by electing "no upgrades" when you book.

Same as with other lines, a "complimentary upgrade" isn't communicated and it just shows up that way in the personaliser.

That said, it looks like you have been shifted from a BE cabin to a BE cabin, which isn't an upgrade, so should be communicated. Still, I can't see there will be any real difference in motion from an aft cabin on deck 8 and an aft cabin on deck 12.

Just checked and we are still in cabin we requested. We are not fat however but forward on Emerald.
At this stage you can’t cancel out without major penalties, only option is if they cancel this cruise and offer alternatives which usually includes being able to cancel. So not sure what you can do about a cabin swap?

Edited by Cbtours

Given that the 28 nighter usually sells out so quickly, it is also possible that some have been given offers they couldn't refuse and changed to another cruise, or even bumped from the cruise to make way for quarantine cabins.

Sorry my mistake, have been moved from our aft Emerald balcony to BOW balcony up higher which we won't take due to motion. 

NO, it's not an upgrade and yes wectold our T/A 18 months back when we selected our cabin, under NO circumstances we wanted no where near the bow.

Problem is this cruise has been booked out for months and nothing is available.🥵

Definitely not an upgrade, but a downgrade from BE to BF. You should have been offered an option of taking a different cabin, moving to another cruise, or getting a refund. Tough times for them, but they shouldn't be downgrading your booking without your consent.

• Like 1

Cruise in not until October, so I would suggest you pursue the matter and advise under no circumstances would you accept a cabin on the bow, because of motion sickness.   There is plenty of time for the cruise line to find you a cabin similar to what you booked 18 months ago, even if they have to give you a real upgrade.  Cruise lines have a duty of care to their passengers.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Just checked and we are still in cabin we requested. We are not fat however but forward on Emerald.
At this stage you can’t cancel out without major penalties, only option is if they cancel this cruise and offer alternatives which usually includes being able to cancel. So not sure what you can do about a cabin swap?

No, Irene. You and Frank are not fat! 🤣

• Haha 8

22 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Cruise in not until October, so I would suggest you pursue the matter and advise under no circumstances would you accept a cabin on the bow, because of motion sickness.   There is plenty of time for the cruise line to find you a cabin similar to what you booked 18 months ago, even if they have to give you a real upgrade.  Cruise lines have a duty of care to their passengers.  

Good advice 👍

So portcbob if you decline this cabin change and they offer you nothing else, will you cancel your cruise and demand full refund in CASH ?

Makes one wonder with all this cabin reallocation as to just how many cabins are being reserved for covid victims.

Edited by NSWP

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

So portcbob if you decline this cabin change and they offer you nothing else, will you cancel your cruise and demand full refund in CASH ?

Makes one wonder with all this cabin reallocation as to just how many cabins are being reserved for covid victims.

The way infections are rising, will they have enough quarantine cabins? 

Keep the masks on.

Edited by lyndarra

Thanks for the heads up portcbob.  Yes, just checked and my Emerald deck aft BE cabin has be altered to Aloha deck BC category ... and I did state "no upgrade" at time of booking.  At least we are still port side.  Not a deal breaker for us fortunately.

Edited by LC1950
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I suspect quite a few Les 

• Like 1

Reserving these quarantine cabins is part of the protocols, regardless of the number of infections expected. Nobody knows how many will be filled until the cruise is underway.

From what I recall, this cruise was pretty much sold out prior to those protocols being imposed. There may have been a few that chose to be bumped because they didn't want to be jabbed to cruise, but it is otherwise hard to move people to another cabin of their choice when the ship is effectively full. Still wrong to downgrade you, but I am pretty sure it is covered in the updated passenger contract. Yes, I would be peeved too. I have checked our 2 x Coral bookings, and still have the same cabins on D and A decks.

When we get the time, we would love to do one of these cruises. In the current climate, I would prefer 4 weeks in tender 14 vs it being split into 4 x 7 night cruises in a mini-suite.

3 hours ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Currently covid positive people and their close contacts remain isolated in their cabins on Coral. If there are cabins reserved for covid cases they must be full. No one will release how many covid cases there are on board.

I was under the understanding that close contacts were able to be confined to their cabin and tested daily if they wished, while positives had no choice but be moved to the quarantine area.

10 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I was under the understanding that close contacts were able to be confined to their cabin and tested daily if they wished, while positives had no choice but be moved to the quarantine area.

No quarantine, as per my original post. Not allowed to leave cabin. No one to enter cabin, except in case of an emergency. Applies to close contact and covid positive passengers. No offer of testing, however if you were to get symptoms I'm sure you could call and get it done.

4 hours ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Currently covid positive people and their close contacts remain isolated in their cabins on Coral. If there are cabins reserved for covid cases they must be full. No one will release how many covid cases there are on board.

They should release them for the benefit of those on board and for those who have upcoming cruises on Coral Princess. They won't release them because the media will blow it up and there might well be many cancellations and refunds plus other potential pax might be scared off by the numbers. There could well be a few hundred cases, who knows? 

21 minutes ago, NSWP said:

They should release them for the benefit of those on board and for those who have upcoming cruises on Coral Princess. They won't release them because the media will blow it up and there might well be many cancellations and refunds plus other potential pax might be scared off by the numbers. There could well be a few hundred cases, who knows? 

We do. It is only code yellow. It would change to code red somewhere around 75 to 80 cases. At that number, they may as well call it code Ruby Red, as everyone will know about it.

7 hours ago, portcbob said:

Sorry my mistake, have been moved from our aft Emerald balcony to BOW balcony up higher which we won't take due to motion. 

NO, it's not an upgrade and yes wectold our T/A 18 months back when we selected our cabin, under NO circumstances we wanted no where near the bow.

Problem is this cruise has been booked out for months and nothing is available.🥵

Just to let you know - the current “Cruise with Confidence” from Princess means you can cancel any cruise and get FCC.

We have just cancelled our 29th July, 7 day on Coral, because of hubbys work and immediately received FCC for the booking, which was fully paid.

Perhaps this is your solution, cancel and find another that is more suitable?

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/