Warning if your about to cruise on Coral.

20 minutes ago, arxcards said:

We do. It is only code yellow. It would change to code red somewhere around 75 to 80 cases. At that number, they may as well call it code Ruby Red, as everyone will know about it.

Thanks Geoff but how do we know if Princess is reluctant to hoist the red flag?  We don't even know if the cruise lines are sending the correct data through to the relevant state government health agencies.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Thanks Geoff but how do we know if Princess is reluctant to hoist the red flag?  We don't even know if the cruise lines are sending the correct data through to the relevant state government health agencies.

There is an obligation there that comes with penalties for non-disclosure that go all the way up to the Captain. I don't think they would risk it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Only for cruises departing up to 30th September 2022.

Still think it would be worth asking the question of Princess, don’t you? What has the OP to lose?

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Scheduled noon boarding today has been delayed until 1 pm.  Could this be because of elevated number of positive case numbers amongst crew members?

Most likely.

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Scheduled noon boarding today has been delayed until 1 pm.  Could this be because of elevated number of positive case numbers amongst crew members?

Apparently Princess sent out an email to those due to board offering a moveover, FCC, and or refund to people who weren't comfortable joining this cruise. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Apparently Princess sent out an email to those due to board offering a moveover, FCC, and or refund to people who weren't comfortable joining this cruise. 

That is a great move. If they are down on staff, it will suit to have less passengers to serve, and allow those that are reluctant to cruise to find an alternative. Not sure how they will go finding passengers, as this cruise was already split in half and they had the option to move over to something else then.

Lets hope Princess are on top of this, and that transmission through the crew has been isolated.

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Also to do a deep clean of the ship 

2 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Did I hear right on this mornings news? Coral has now cancelled?

hmm havent heard news???? so you mean they didnt board yesterday??? wouldnt this forum have lit up????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

hmm havent heard news???? so you mean they didnt board yesterday??? wouldnt this forum have lit up????

Just had a look at her webcam & it's showing ‘heading to Eden’. I didn’t hear anything on this mornings news. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Not sure but Coral was mentioned and I heard cancelled. I was still in bed with TV on and only half awake at the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Did I hear right on this mornings news? Coral has now cancelled?

Not sure where what around the news yet. 

Coral departed Brisbane yesterday evening and is currently off Woolgoolga. Not out of the question though that some future cruises are to be cancelled or modified.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lyndarra said:

Not sure but Coral was mentioned and I heard cancelled. I was still in bed with TV on and only half awake at the time.

maybe we ought to organise a 24 hour roster on CC to monitor our cruising news hehehe

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Dreaming???😴

Morning all. I heard the same. Have been trying to google more can't find anything more at the moment.

No you weren't  dreaming

1 hour ago, Zanny said:

Morning all. I heard the same. Have been trying to google more can't find anything more at the moment.

No you weren't  dreaming

Ok, will be keen to see what you find out. 🫣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Princess offered passengers on that cruise the chance to cancel with choice of a move-over, FCC, or full refund.

It sounds like the media is up to its old tricks again, making things sound worse than they really are. 

• Like 4