Weather Questions

Carnival has sailings at a very good price (even after considering airfare) in the months of May and June for GBR and South Pacific.   I know the summer high season falls in Dec/Jan but how is the weather for cruising in May/June temperature wise and ocean conditions?   My general online searches turns up good weather conditions but I need to hear it from fellow cruisers!  Thanks! 

23 minutes ago, 80sGal said:

Carnival has sailings at a very good price (even after considering airfare) in the months of May and June for GBR and South Pacific.   I know the summer high season falls in Dec/Jan but how is the weather for cruising in May/June temperature wise and ocean conditions?   My general online searches turns up good weather conditions but I need to hear it from fellow cruisers!  Thanks! 

May and June are good for cruising north, not cruising south in winter (from Brisbane).

• Thanks 1

We have cruised North Queensland out of Brisbane a couple of times in July, and it was a nice winter escape from NSW. Nice mild to warm days in Airlie Beach, Cairns & Port Douglas, and good seas. A bit cool at sea at night, but much nicer than being home down south.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, arxcards said:

We have cruised North Queensland out of Brisbane a couple of times in July, and it was a nice winter escape from NSW. Nice mild to warm days in Airlie Beach, Cairns & Port Douglas, and good seas. A bit cool at sea at night, but much nicer than being home down south.

You're quite right. I'd rather be north of Brisbane than where I am right now. Sounds balmy up there.

• Like 1

Just now, GUT2407 said:

Compared to freezing where you are.

Yep, freezing is what it feels like esprcially with the high wind chill factor where I am. Going through the LPG bottles like there's no tomorrow.

6 hours ago, 80sGal said:

We cruised on Coral Princess for a week starting 26th June. Parts of the cruise were not quite as warm as I expected but still pleasant, athough it did cool off more in the evenings. We had a bit of light rain in Cairns. Seas were mostly light. 

However that was this year. Who knows what next year will be like, or the year after, or ...