Any successful bid up's

d60kott

They generally don't notify you until about 3 days before the cruise.  WE had one accepted for our current cruise that left July 6 from Copenhagen and got the notification 5 days before.... "early" probably because of weekend and 4th of July

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2022 at 5:39 PM, USC Adventurer said:

My bid is in for the August 25th Pursuit cruise but since I haven't heard by now I have a feeling I'm not going to hear anything

When they cancelled St Peterburg a lot of people dropped this cruise (including me) so I would expect the capacity will be light and you have a good chance for the upgrade. Good luck. 

1 hour ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

How do you 'bid'?

In the UK as you are, if your fare is eligible to bid (most are but some UK travel agents do not participate in the scheme) when "bidding" opens - about 2-3 months before a cruise, if the cruise is not sold out, you will either get a direct email from Azamara or the email will be sent to your agent.  Even if you are booked through an agent, if your agent has given Azamara your email address you will get the direct communication.  Its just the "control freak" agents who have absolutely everything sent to them that it can be stuck in the agents.

Its not the greatest of schemes because most of the rooms available will be in rooms they have not been able to sell, agents will have made sure their clients are in the better rooms, so you can have obstructed views if you move from inside to outside, or a rotten location (noisy etc).  

Biggest issue by far is the upgrade from Balcony to Suite.  You cannot specify having a room with a shower only so if you were successful and climbing over a bathtub into a shower is an issue for you, you are not going to have a fun cruise!  In addition the available suites tend to be the noisy suites under the pool grill or route of the galley carts at 4am

You can bid for any category of room you want, the email will show you the minimum bid for each - so you can be in an inside and bid for the Owners Suite if you have a rush of blood to your head.

Nowadays they also sell upgrades on board, so not until Day 2 so there is the disadvantage of having to repack, however you can at least know which room you are being offered.

42 minutes ago, uktog said:

In the UK as you are, if your fare is eligible to bid (most are but some UK travel agents do not participate in the scheme) when "bidding" opens - about 2-3 months before a cruise, if the cruise is not sold out, you will either get a direct email from Azamara or the email will be sent to your agent.  Even if you are booked through an agent, if your agent has given Azamara your email address you will get the direct communication.  Its just the "control freak" agents who have absolutely everything sent to them that it can be stuck in the agents.

Its not the greatest of schemes because most of the rooms available will be in rooms they have not been able to sell, agents will have made sure their clients are in the better rooms, so you can have obstructed views if you move from inside to outside, or a rotten location (noisy etc).  

Biggest issue by far is the upgrade from Balcony to Suite.  You cannot specify having a room with a shower only so if you were successful and climbing over a bathtub into a shower is an issue for you, you are not going to have a fun cruise!  In addition the available suites tend to be the noisy suites under the pool grill or route of the galley carts at 4am

You can bid for any category of room you want, the email will show you the minimum bid for each - so you can be in an inside and bid for the Owners Suite if you have a rush of blood to your head.

Nowadays they also sell upgrades on board, so not until Day 2 so there is the disadvantage of having to repack, however you can at least know which room you are being offered.

I hope people new to Azamara (or to the bidding process) understand that you are bidding on a category NOT A SPECIFIC CABIN. Once your "upgrade" bid is accepted and you find out the cabin number, you don't have an option to turn it down. Your credit card will be charged and you may be stuck with a cabin you don't want.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

Thanks. Sounds like a bit of a gamble. We're happy with the cabin we've booked. We had some fantastic free upgrades on Cunard so I alway ***** up my ears when I hear the magic word!

I think it’s a pondian thing! 😄 The auto-censor is probably American, and it apparently only knows one definition for that word. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

I think it’s a pondian thing! 😄 The auto-censor is probably American, and it apparently only knows one definition for that word. 

took some sleuthing, but I finally figured out what word was censored.  Americans would say 'perk up my ears.'

• Haha 3