Azamara Drops Pre-cruise Testing as of July 25, 2022

uktog

15 minutes ago, uktog said:

According to the UK website Azamara no longer requires pre cruise testing in certain ports. Unfortunately the list of ports is not available yet!  

OMG - thank you so much for sharing this here.  There was a rumour that there would be an announcement around Aug 1st.  Here’s hoping we won’t need it for our cruise. 

• Like 1

Is this the latest? Its on the website now. 

Testing & Screening

• Azamara does not require a negative COVID-19 test prior to boarding unless this is required by local country regulations. However, we highly recommend that guests take a COVID-19 test prior to starting their travels.

• For those countries that still require guests to present a negative COVID-19 test prior to boarding, please consider the following instructions:

• The test results must be from a testing laboratory or a licensed testing site.  We accept at-home test kits which are proctored and certified by a medical provider.

• The COVID-19 test can either be:

• PCR: Test date no older than 3 days prior to embarkation; OR 

• Antigen: Test date must be within one day of embarkation

• Antigen COVID-19 testing is available for $59 USD in the terminal or on the boarding deck. Boarding will be denied to those guests who cannot provide a negative COVID-19 test. 

EMBARKATION TESTING REQUIRED

PORT EMBARKATION TESTING
Amsterdam, Netherlands No
Athens (Piraeus), Greece Yes
Auckland, New Zealand Yes
Barcelona, Spain No
Bologna (Ravenna), Italy No
Bordeaux, France No
Buenos Aires, Argentina Yes
Cape Town, South Africa No
Copenhagen, Denmark No
Dubai, United Arab Emirates Yes
Dublin, Ireland No
Gran Canaria, Canary Islands No
Hong Kong, China Yes
Istanbul, Turkey No
Lima, (Callao) Peru Yes
Lisbon, Portugal No
Melbourne, Australia Yes
Miami, Florida Yes
Monte Carlo, Monaco No
Nice, France No
Perth (Fremantle), Australia Yes
Reykjavik, Iceland No
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil Yes
Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy No
Singapore Yes
Southampton, England No
Stockholm, Sweden No
Sydney (White Bay), Australia Yes
Tokyo, Japan Yes
Venice, Italy No

FAQS

Edited by combine
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

And ours leaving from Athens

I wonder how long Athens will remain as the odd one out in Europe.  Maybe they will rethink soon

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Hurrah!  We sail July 25 and had arranged for proctored tests for which there is no refund!  This is a big relief not to have to worry about testing positive.

Some of the testing companies will give you a credit if you need it for a future test. Maybe yours will do that, or if it’s a do-at-home, maybe you can hang on to it for the future?

We sail on 7 August and have been putting off booking the tests as long as possible. This is a relief for us!

• Like 3

Jazzbeau, you made my day.  I had searched earlier and did not find a list.  Now, I see it!  I will test myself with existing no proctor test before both leaving the US and boarding, but I am glad I don't have to run down a place to do this test!

• Like 4

Why is pre-boarding testing required for Athens? Have just checked the GOV UK website and apart from having to wear masks on public transport in Greece I can’t see any other requirements, no proof of vaccination or testing requirements. What am I missing?

3 hours ago, barneyboy said:

And ours leaving from Athens

Minister of Health ,Thanos Plevris has said "All measures will be reviewed on September 1, depending on the picture of the pandemic."

Toes crossed .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, govanguy said:

Minister of Health ,Thanos Plevris has said "All measures will be reviewed on September 1, depending on the picture of the pandemic."

Toes crossed .

Unfortunately we board on 26th August. At least it seems as though there are plenty of testing sites in Athens. 

33 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

Unfortunately we board on 26th August. At least it seems as though there are plenty of testing sites in Athens. 

I am not sure about Athens. On the new release from Azamara it has a link to all countries and whether they still require a negative test to enter. Greece is NOT one of the countries requiring a negative test however I suspect that is only for people flying in not coming in by cruise ship.We are on a B2B where Athens is the mid point on August 26 th so will have to wait and see what Greece says when we arrive.

9 minutes ago, Hamwen3839 said:

I am not sure about Athens. On the new release from Azamara it has a link to all countries and whether they still require a negative test to enter. Greece is NOT one of the countries requiring a negative test however I suspect that is only for people flying in not coming in by cruise ship.We are on a B2B where Athens is the mid point on August 26 th so will have to wait and see what Greece says when we arrive.

I’m seeing this:

E7F5CFE5-223F-4A1D-8266-B363B8B1E26F.jpeg

lisiamc - thank you for that! I read the email from Azamara and saw THAT about 45 minutes ago. Then it was posted on our roll call no test needed - I went back to my Azamara email and it is gone?! Confusing!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

I’m seeing this:

E7F5CFE5-223F-4A1D-8266-B363B8B1E26F.jpeg

I think that list pre dates Azamara’s release because it says for Perth W.A. you need to show evidence of negative test and that changed 6 th July to no evidence required, in fact you don’t even have to show evidence of Vaccination anymore to fly into Australia.

4 minutes ago, Hamwen3839 said:

I think that list pre dates Azamara’s release because it says for Perth W.A. you need to show evidence of negative test and that changed 6 th July to no evidence required, in fact you don’t even have to show evidence of Vaccination anymore to fly into Australia.

But that is flying, not cruising.