If you have a spare $54.000

20 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Hmmm, definitely need to win Lotto for that one! But it sounds like a really interesting itinerary. It even stops at Bateman's Bay so everyone can visit Les.

Group booking at Raymonds 🙂 Or ship's excursion of a round of golf & lunch with Les at Catalinas. Non-golfers can visit Mogo zoo 🙂 

Yes, would be a lottery win required for us, or a year or two living on baked beans on toast

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Group booking at Raymonds 🙂 Or ship's excursion of a round of golf & lunch with Les at Catalinas. Non-golfers can visit Mogo zoo 🙂 

Yes, would be a lottery win required for us, or a year or two living on baked beans on toast

Thats  a lot of baked beans on toast to save $54.000 , think of the environment 😂

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Good one, but hang on guys the Coral Princess Worldie is more than the one above, lol.

Which is why I can't afford the Coral Expeditions cruise.🤣

Plus I can go around Australia on Coral Princess too. OK, not as many interesting ports but still!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

There are 3 x portholes available for only $43K pp. An absolute steal.  $86K for us both, yeah-nah.

Yes I saw those but I thought I would quote the $54.000 cabin, after all if I have to rob a bank to be able to do the cruise I might as well have a balcony seeing the Suites are already sold.😁 

• Haha 3

I'd love to be able to afford to go on that cruise.  They are a wonderful company.  You'll be able to check out the ship when she comes to Batesman Bay, Les.

As there is obviously a high demand for cruising around Australia, I wonder why a medium size ship couldn't do a similar cruise with an interesting affordable itinerary.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I'd love to be able to afford to go on that cruise.  They are a wonderful company.  You'll be able to check out the ship when she comes to Batesman Bay, Les.

As there is obviously a high demand for cruising around Australia, I wonder why a medium size ship couldn't do a similar cruise with an interesting affordable itinerary.  

Occasionally one of the luxury lines does one but from what I've seen they mostly stick to the standard ports too.

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Half a dozen of us from my Probus Club have worked as meeters and greeters on previous ship visits, i.e. Volendam, The World. All the ships have to tender in over the sand bar from 3 km out into the wharf centre of town. I will have to dig my meet and greet t shirt and cap out lol.

Edited by NSWP

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Half a dozen of us from my Probus Club have worked as meeters and greeters on previous ship visits, i.e. Volendam, The World. All the ships have to tender in over the sand bar from 3 km out into the wharf centre of town. I will have to dig my meet and greet t shirt and cap out lol.

That would be an interesting experience.  Do you get to visit the ship?

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Visitors aren't usually allowed on board for security reasons. It's different from our first cruise in 1983 when visitors could go on board to farewell their family or friends.

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Visitors aren't usually allowed on board for security reasons. It's different from our first cruise in 1983 when visitors could go on board to farewell their family or friends.

Crystal used to allow visitors onboard. We were able to go on Crystal Symphony a few years ago for a visit when she was in Sydney. 

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

No, but got a ride there and back on the tenders, so a close up. At the wharf the local oyster growers were giving out samples, many of the pax did not want any, I obliged, lol.

th.jpg.419112868711b207628c632622331cdc.jpg

• Like 2

Must be some people who ate a lot of baked beans in the past two years cause it nearly fully booked. I guess if you couldn't really travel far and you wanted to do a cruise of lifetime you could shell out the money. But would you want to spend all your potential travel money on one big splash or lots of little ripples. I guess it depends on various factors. 

Like the Regent Legendary cruises just released. $$$$$$$$$$$ and then some.

Is this the first time they offered this cruise?

Edited by icat2000

2 hours ago, icat2000 said:

Must be some people who ate a lot of baked beans in the past two years cause it nearly fully booked. I guess if you couldn't really travel far and you wanted to do a cruise of lifetime you could shell out the money. But would you want to spend all your potential travel money on one big splash or lots of little ripples. I guess it depends on various factors. 

Like the Regent Legendary cruises just released. $$$$$$$$$$$ and then some.

Is this the first time they offered this cruise?

That means we can blame all them passengers for the floods , bush fires  and rotten weather 😂

15 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, but you wouldn't get to half those ports, and those are the more interesting ones. 

Just one reason we love smaller ships, on the other hand pricing is a reason to dislike them.