If you have a spare $54.000

30 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Same here mate, my cruise fund is empty.

Since having to retire (again) my everything fund is empty. I keep saying to herself “We really must remember to win lotto this week.

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

Since having to retire (again) my everything fund is empty. I keep saying to herself “We really must remember to win lotto this week.

We tried that last night. It didn't work! 😪

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

18 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We tried that last night. It didn't work! 😪

We gambled $10 on last nights jackpot. Woke up this morning to email saying "Congratulations, you're ticket won a prize". Scrolled down "You're ticket winnings - $8.15"!!!!!!!! Nett loss $1.85, so no $54K cruise 🙂  Baked beans on toast for lunch today 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

We gambled $10 on last nights jackpot. Woke up this morning to email saying "Congratulations, you're ticket won a prize". Scrolled down "You're ticket winnings - $8.15"!!!!!!!! Nett loss $1.85, so no $54K cruise 🙂  Baked beans on toast for lunch today 😉

Yumm I’m always ready for baked beans on toast, except trying to keep my carbs down so having withdrawals.

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

That is mean.  Surely you should get $18.15!

3 hours ago, mr walker said:

OMG I also hit the jackpot with a $8.15 win, still deciding how to spend it…

It might pay for half a glass of wine on my upcoming holiday 🤣

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

If you had a ticket in the lottery over in Chicago, you may have just won $1.8 billion.

That would be very nice. I'd move into one of the best suites on one of the luxury lines for a few years with that kind of money. 😊

On 7/30/2022 at 8:55 PM, GUT2407 said:

Yumm I’m always ready for baked beans on toast, except trying to keep my carbs down so having withdrawals.

Save those cars for the pies Mr. Gut, they are definitely better than beans with toast.

4 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Save those cars for the pies Mr. Gut, they are definitely better than beans with toast.

I have baked beans on toast a couple of times a week, Lyle, Lubbly Jubbly, don't you Canucks eat that sort of stuff for brekkie?

gettyimages-142081424-612x612.jpg

Edited by NSWP

19 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I have baked beans on toast a couple of times a week, Lyle, Lubbly Jubbly, don't you Canucks eat that sort of stuff for brekkie?

Not very often for breakfast Les. In Canada Heinz has very nice maple baked beans, no tomato products in them so Lynn can eat them. We usually have some in the pantry, they make for a quick lunch or even supper. I don't put the beans "on" the toast on the plate, the toast gets mushy. I serve the beans in a bowl with the toast on the side.

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Try them with  grated cheese and some sliced up sandwich ham..and pepper of course..delish.

13 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Try them with  grated cheese and some sliced up sandwich ham..and pepper of course..delish.

Slicing up wieners into the beans is quite common here. Cheese on chili. Or cheese on chili on a hotdog.

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2022 at 9:23 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm not sure 1.8 billion would be enough for a decent-sized yacht these days. 

Yea( my Cousin makes a quid delivering them all over the globe recently sent me a video of a lovely 4 Stateroom, plus crew quarters, 70 footer from memory for just $3m, if I ever remember to win the big one I want one as a runabout on the Lake

Rather than buy the yacht, you lease a fully crewed yacht in the area you want to see. If I came into a big winfall one of the things I would do is charter a nice yacht with crew. Perhaps with room for some guests who would enjoy seeing some places not available to most "tourists". When I was in Sea Cadets I was fortunate enough to spend some time in some of the most spectacular places, most of them less than 150 km from my home. Places you can only get to by boat or airplane. I would like for Lynn to see these places too. 

Baked Beans, Private Yachts.... And Rather dear Cruises   

an interesting combination...

$100k +  for a holiday    is out of our league.... can't even afford the dream...lol

Will be very happy with our Princess Cruise in November to NZ  for 13 nights in a suite  and G&T's at Canapes     

Cheers Don

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Watties if I can get them, home brand when I’m saving for a cruise or broke for some other reason.

Agree Watties are the best.  I did get some American ones on special once which were very good.  I bought a few cans, as I thought they would be too expensive for the local market.  

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Rather than buy the yacht, you lease a fully crewed yacht in the area you want to see. If I came into a big winfall one of the things I would do is charter a nice yacht with crew. Perhaps with room for some guests who would enjoy seeing some places not available to most "tourists". When I was in Sea Cadets I was fortunate enough to spend some time in some of the most spectacular places, most of them less than 150 km from my home. Places you can only get to by boat or airplane. I would like for Lynn to see these places too. 

Great idea, with 1.8 billion, I could do both.