Azamara Quest Cabins

tocruiseguy

• 4 weeks later...

We’ve been in both oceanview and balcony cabins, although perhaps more in oceanview now.  The regular rooms always felt small as we entered, I had a walker at the time which was tight with the door open, but then they opened up.  I remember being able to easily walk past the foot of the bed where on celebrity that passage was tight.  A room 1x200 is unusable even with the larger square footage which is to say that sq Ft can be deceiving.  

I hated the sideways cabin because it was difficult to maneuver in, but then we were in port nearly every day! 

I’ve only had one meal, a desert, that I sent back as inedible on Azamara.  It was a pineapple upside down cake that was dry!  I still marvel at how that was even possible.  I’ve had it since and it was nice.  

We are going our first Azamara cruise in November. It was originally booked for 2020! We are in a Club Continent suite as at the time of booking the price wasn’t much more than standard balcony. We usually cruise with Celebrity and were  on their newest ship the Beyond  for 3 weeks in June and the Constellation in April but  are interested to see if we like Azamara. 

Please let us know how everything was on your cruise.  We are usually Celebrity cruisers, have not been on the E class.  However, the Infinity was their only ship to do a Spain intensive, and we decided to do Azamara instead.   We also booked in a Club Continental.  Looking forward to your comments post cruise!  

2 hours ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

We are going our first Azamara cruise in November. It was originally booked for 2020! We are in a Club Continent suite as at the time of booking the price wasn’t much more than standard balcony. We usually cruise with Celebrity and were  on their newest ship the Beyond  for 3 weeks in June and the Constellation in April but  are interested to see if we like Azamara. 

1 hour ago, KY Deb said:

Please let us know how everything was on your cruise.  We are usually Celebrity cruisers, have not been on the E class.  However, the Infinity was their only ship to do a Spain intensive, and we decided to do Azamara instead.   We also booked in a Club Continental.  Looking forward to your comments post cruise!  

Yes, I’d be interested to hear too. We used to cruise with Celebrity, and then with Azamara and Celebrity both. We dropped Celebrity about 4 years ago, as they were taking the cruise line in a direction that didn’t suit us. It will be interesting to hear what a more recent Celebrity cruiser thinks of Azamara.

We have sailed on many Celebrity cruises.  We chose Azamara Quest for the Norway Intensive July 25.  We loved the small ship and the service was outstanding.  Captain Johannes was very personable, interacting with passengers.  When COVID presented its ugly head, he was very transparent giving us the new numbers every day until it got to 0 new cases.  There weren't too many in total.

We thought the food in the dining room was bland and the steaks way overcooked in spite of asking for medium rare, so we stopped eating there, choosing the Windows dining room which was open on our sailing having been shut for some time for dinner.  We really liked the Ethnic food theme they were serving there.

Yes, the bathrooms are small and the shower tiny.

• Like 1

I have not cruised on Azamara since Covid so my info may be out of date.  However the main reasons that we cruised on Azamara were:

the itineraries (I pick my cruises mainly on this point);

the attitudes  of the captains;

the authority of the captains to make minor changes in ship route when it would give a better cruise;

the friendliness of the crews;

the free laundry; 

the no limit all day drink (alcoholic and otherwise) policy;

and the overall friendliness of the ship

Yes the cabins are small and the showers are even smaller but both my wife and not large people so this does not present a problem.  Now if I was 6"3" or weighed 250# it might be.

I just like the R class ships and the fact that you can walk from one end of the ship to the other end in maybe 3 minutes.

DON

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

I have not cruised on Azamara since Covid so my info may be out of date.  However the main reasons that we cruised on Azamara were:

the itineraries (I pick my cruises mainly on this point);

the attitudes  of the captains;

the authority of the captains to make minor changes in ship route when it would give a better cruise;

the friendliness of the crews;

the free laundry; 

the no limit all day drink (alcoholic and otherwise) policy;

and the overall friendliness of the ship

Yes the cabins are small and the showers are even smaller but both my wife and not large people so this does not present a problem.  Now if I was 6"3" or weighed 250# it might be.

I just like the R class ships and the fact that you can walk from one end of the ship to the other end in maybe 3 minutes.

DON

I have never cruised with Azamara but your reasons tie in with why I have booked a B2B cruise with Azamara next April.  I have always travelled with RCCL but their ships are now too big and everything seems aimed at making as much as possible from each passenger.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 1:15 AM, Norn Iron Man said:

I have never cruised with Azamara but your reasons tie in with why I have booked a B2B cruise with Azamara next April.  I have always travelled with RCCL but their ships are now too big and everything seems aimed at making as much as possible from each passenger.

I started my cruise journey with Royal Caribbean in 2000 and reached Diamond Plus loyalty status, so lots of cruises with them. Have now given up the big ships and agree that they are out to make money at every turn. (I’ve also cruised with Celebrity, Cunard, P&O, Holland America and Princess).

Yesterday I boarded Quest, my third Azamara cruise. I love the small ships - friendly and helpful crew, interesting itineraries, the relaxed vibe and so much included in the basic fare. Yes the bathrooms are small in the verandah cabins but all cruise lines have their good and bad points and I really feel I’ve found my happy place in Azamara!

• Like 10

On 7/28/2022 at 12:25 AM, Medeba said:

I agree with @Grandma Cruising.  The only problem I have with the large oceanview cabins on decks 6 and 7 is the noise from the anchor when it's used: can be an early wake up call!  Otherwise, the extra space in these cabins is really good.

And it’s really bad when you have an overnight at anchor. 

• Like 1

We have sailed on Oceana, Viking, celebrity, regent and Azamara. We quite liked Azamara the best. 
the food was fine, the staff were friendly and entertainment was varied. A few very well behaved and delightful children on board. We actually like the other passenger a lot too. Warm and friendly, not pretentious. Easy going. From all over. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1