Back to Back Cruises

wjfan417

I know this has probably been answered somewhere already, but I've been searching for hours and can't find easily.  We are doing 3 cruises on the Quest beginning August 8.   I put 2 p.m. as our check-in time for each cruise.  Does that matter when we are re-boarding the ship? We want to do some sightseeing on the turnaround days, so I don't want to have to rush back for a 2 p.m. check-in time.  

Diana

We also will be on a B2B in August. I was told there will be a meeting where the staff explains the procedure. We may do our CI before new guests arrive. It is just a change of bording cards.  

53 minutes ago, beatnix said:

We also will be on a B2B in August. I was told there will be a meeting where the staff explains the procedure. We may do our CI before new guests arrive. It is just a change of bording cards.  

CI? 

They actually make it extremely easy for back to back guests.   You get your new room key at the day-before meeting mentioned above.  You can also make speciality restaurant reservations and shore excurion reservations at this time, beating the boarding day rush of other passengers. (SO.... its important to attend this meeting!)

On change over day you have to "check out" and then "check in" for the new cruise.   They usualy do this about 9 AM in the Caberet.  The process usually takes 5 to 15 minutes, depending on the number of back to back guests.   If you want to do this earlier, they make arrangments.   At that pont you are free to leave the ship and return at any time.  Lately they have had a special lunch in Aquilina for back to back guest who are still onboard.   

If you are changing staterooms, the stewards and bulters do almost all the work, and it is effortless ( other than packing your suitcase of loose items.... things hanging in the closets are moved as is.).   That usually happens close to 9 AM, as they take care to prepare your new room first.

We have done this twice since the restart... once in the same room, and once changing staterooms... all were accomplished smoothly.... and many times in the "Before Times". 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Does anyone know how it works with the Covid Test for the second part of a B2B cruise? Does one need to take one (especially when the second part starts in Athens)? Any experience with that?

Thanks,

Martin

9 hours ago, DS said:

They actually make it extremely easy for back to back guests.   You get your new room key at the day-before meeting mentioned above.  You can also make speciality restaurant reservations and shore excurion reservations at this time, beating the boarding day rush of other passengers. (SO.... its important to attend this meeting!)

On change over day you have to "check out" and then "check in" for the new cruise.   They usualy do this about 9 AM in the Caberet.  The process usually takes 5 to 15 minutes, depending on the number of back to back guests.   If you want to do this earlier, they make arrangments.   At that pont you are free to leave the ship and return at any time.  Lately they have had a special lunch in Aquilina for back to back guest who are still onboard.   

If you are changing staterooms, the stewards and bulters do almost all the work, and it is effortless ( other than packing your suitcase of loose items.... things hanging in the closets are moved as is.).   That usually happens close to 9 AM, as they take care to prepare your new room first.

We have done this twice since the restart... once in the same room, and once changing staterooms... all were accomplished smoothly.... and many times in the "Before Times". 

We are in the same cabin for all 3 cruises. Looks like our only issue might be timing of the shore excursion we’re on the day prior to our first turnaround. We’re on a shore excursion from 8-4:30 and the ship sails at 5. Hopefully they schedule the meetings after everyone is back on board.

1 hour ago, wjfan417 said:

We are in the same cabin for all 3 cruises. Looks like our only issue might be timing of the shore excursion we’re on the day prior to our first turnaround. We’re on a shore excursion from 8-4:30 and the ship sails at 5. Hopefully they schedule the meetings after everyone is back on board.

Our meetings were the day before docking on the Quest.  As for Covid testing, it depended on where the turnaround port was.  In Miami, yes we were tested the day before, in Lisbon, no testing.  This was in March so I am sure is changed.

15 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Our meetings were the day before docking on the Quest.  As for Covid testing, it depended on where the turnaround port was.  In Miami, yes we were tested the day before, in Lisbon, no testing.  This was in March so I am sure is changed.

Not according to the (unreliable?) information on the Azamara Web site, which still shows testing required for Miami!

3 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

In my experience they tend to schedule the b2b meeting at the same time as prize redemption for participation in activities. We’ve pretty much had every prize we liked by now, so I quite often send DH to the meeting and pop along to the prize redemption and hand over the tickets or check sheets to someone with a lot of grandkids and not many points.

9 hours ago, medd83 said:

Does anyone know how it works with the Covid Test for the second part of a B2B cruise? Does one need to take one (especially when the second part starts in Athens)? Any experience with that?

Thanks,

Martin

We are on this cruise B2B  in August with Athens in the middle and have been advised we will “probably” have to provide a negative test ( the ship will do the test for free). However since Azamara dropped the need for any test pre boarding it was unclear. The requirement is a Greece thing not Azamara but not clear if it applies to people who are already on board and may not even get off in Athens to sightsee.