Pacific Encounter arriving in to Sydney today - 2nd Aug 2022

29 minutes ago, ekka49 said:

The number of ships in Australian waters are slowly increasing.

A bit like paint drying. More than 2 months till we see number 4, then the summer surge. They certainly disappeared a lot quicker than they are returning.

16 minutes ago, arxcards said:

A bit like paint drying. More than 2 months till we see number 4, then the summer surge. They certainly disappeared a lot quicker than they are returning.

I thought there would be more ships and sooner.  Could it be because the South Pacific islands haven't opened up?  I thought the Alaskan Season might have been shortened when they stopped the land tours attached to cruises.  They keep extending the Alaskan cruising season, although it was all over mid September when we visited on the last ferry of the Season.  

1 hour ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Pacific Encounter arriving in to Sydney for the very first time today!

Welcome to Australia Pacific Encounter!

Things got busy at work today. I watched her track to the heads, but only got back in time to see her pretty much as the 2nd last pic. It would have been great to see the stream.

I caught a bit of the pointy bits here, and on perspective, I can see how Adventure might sneak under the bridge when she arrives. I think whoever controls this cam might have a drinking problem.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

I thought there would be more ships and sooner.  Could it be because the South Pacific islands haven't opened up?  I thought the Alaskan Season might have been shortened when they stopped the land tours attached to cruises.  They keep extending the Alaskan cruising season, although it was all over mid September when we visited on the last ferry of the Season.  

Perhaps a little longer in Alaska, although the same for some and a week or two longer for others - finish Alaska early/mid September, then a month across the Pacific.  These cruises were pretty much set on the books like this some time ago, but also not knowing what was even happening for Australia at the time they announced those seasons.

Yes, knowing the delays around Pacific ports has slowed down the arrival of Pacific Adventure and Carnival's Brisbane ship. With the adjusted fleet, there will only be 5 ships here year round, which is less than years gone by. Carnival Luminosa is supposed to be ne cruising here in 3 months, but yet to announce an itinerary.

• Like 1

I went to Taronga Zoo this morning and captured the following @ 10.35.

RX034090.thumb.JPG.470132e9f6793711d3c09931a48bb02b.JPG

I had no idea she had just arrived (until I looked at the photos on computer and noticed the tug at the stern).

Didn't have my Opal card with me, otherwise I might have taken the ferry over to have a closer look. Perfect day here in Sydney today.

Here is another look a bit later

RX034453.thumb.JPG.8d41cc8eebe670218700117bb70c8af4.JPG

Edited by boeckli
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2