Tipping On Board Question

mjmagee

I will be on the Pursuit next week for the Iceland intensive cruise.  Suddenly occurs to me that I don't know what currency to use for incidental tipping on board.  You know, a couple bucks to the bartender or something for the room steward at the end of the cruise.  Can staff use US dollars?  Do they need Euros?  Do they have a preference?  Any advice appreciated.

Marilyn

12 minutes ago, mjmagee said:

I will be on the Pursuit next week for the Iceland intensive cruise.  Suddenly occurs to me that I don't know what currency to use for incidental tipping on board.  You know, a couple bucks to the bartender or something for the room steward at the end of the cruise.  Can staff use US dollars?  Do they need Euros?  Do they have a preference?  Any advice appreciated.

Marilyn

If the future itinerary is in Europe euros will be good otherwise dollars are fine as their personal onboard expenses are in dollars. 

• Like 2

Tips are included in the cruise fare there’s really no reason for additional tipping and the staff don't expect it. For us there are always so many staff who go the extra mile and the fairest was to say thank you is to make a donation to the Crew Welfare Fund, this can be done at the Passenger Services Desk any currency is acceptable but is best done in the currency of the ship US Dollars.

The fund provides special events for the crew and donations are truly appreciated by them.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1