Using On-Board Credit for Ship to Airport Transfer

Desert Cruisers

22 minutes ago, capegirl said:

How do you arrange to use your OBC to book a taxi to Rome Airport?

I believe this can be done through the concierge .  I have also used OBC to buy a seat on the Azamara coach back to the airport  and on one occasion booked the morning tour with airport transfer included. A form to book the coach is normally sent  to the cabins halfway through the cruise but you can always ask the price at Guest Relations so you can ascertain how much OBC you will have left.

5 hours ago, Marmaduke said:

I believe this can be done through the concierge .  I have also used OBC to buy a seat on the Azamara coach back to the airport  and on one occasion booked the morning tour with airport transfer included. A form to book the coach is normally sent  to the cabins halfway through the cruise but you can always ask the price at Guest Relations so you can ascertain how much OBC you will have left.

I note from the Excursions that there is a coach touring Rome with airport drop at end of tour.  I need to hire a taxi to take me straight to the airport.  Was unaware you could book this on board with your OBC.  

2 hours ago, capegirl said:

I note from the Excursions that there is a coach touring Rome with airport drop at end of tour.  I need to hire a taxi to take me straight to the airport.  Was unaware you could book this on board with your OBC.  

It’s a private car so quite a bit more than a taxi but a good way to burn obc if you can’t do it any other way 

• 5 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Desert Cruisers said:

That's interesting....our travel agent was told $39pp which is about EUR39 at today's rate. 

If your TA can get those rates - go for it without delay.

€ 200 for private transport does not sound right!

I have just looked at three transfer companies for transfer from Piraeus Port to Athens Airport :

66 euros

57 pounds

113 Australian dollars

• Like 1

Even after booking a couple of excursions (pretty poor offering for others), we  have a lot of OBC (more than $900 USD) on our Onward cruise that disembarks in Monaco on Nov. 5.   We will probably buy a dining package, but that will still leave us with a lot of OBC.

Shore ex currently lists only a tour of Nice with airport transfer for afternoon flights.

Unfortunately, we are going to stay 2 nights in Nice rather than go to the airport.   
Since you can book a private car to the airport via Shore Excursions, is this even an option in a place like Monaco?   

And if so, since it would be a private car, could we just go to our Nice hotel instead of the airport?

11 minutes ago, the mice said:

Even after booking a couple of excursions (pretty poor offering for others), we  have a lot of OBC (more than $900 USD) on our Onward cruise that disembarks in Monaco on Nov. 5.   We will probably buy a dining package, but that will still leave us with a lot of OBC.

Shore ex currently lists only a tour of Nice with airport transfer for afternoon flights.

Unfortunately, we are going to stay 2 nights in Nice rather than go to the airport.   
Since you can book a private car to the airport via Shore Excursions, is this even an option in a place like Monaco?   

And if so, since it would be a private car, could we just go to our Nice hotel instead of the airport?

Yes we did exactly that three years ago - a car to our hotel.  Made a lovely end to the cruise, they don’t do shabby cars in Monaco 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 2

Uktog,

Thank you so much!!!    I was thinking I would have to book an expensive private transport and then try to spend the OBC on a lot of not-so-great merchandise in the shop.   Now I only have to spend on somewhat less not-really-wanted stuff 😉.

This is so helpful.   Thanks again.

And, of course, if they won't let me do this, I can still book a private transfer while on the cruise.   Fingers crossed that won't be necessary.

Edited by the mice
added comment
  • Like 1

We booked it during the cruise via the concierge and used the OBC.  We never try it pre cruising.  We were also able to disembark very late in the process - I think 0930 which was nice.  We will do it again next cruise as we will have OBC left 

• Like 2

More good advice!!!   I figured I would have to arrange onboard.  I had been struggling because we were going to spend 1 night around Monaco and the 2nd in Nice before our flight home.   We want to visit the Oceanographic Museum and the Prince's Car Collection which has now moved near the port - 2 misses from previous travels.   But I had booked a hotel in Cap d'Ail which is on the Monaco/France border and found out how difficult it might be to get a taxi there due to politics and the taxi drivers themselves. Plus not much choice of restaurants in that area.  And we would still have to arrange a private transfer to Nice for the 2nd night. 

So, based on advice on the ports forum, it was suggested to just go to Nice for the 2 nights and train or bus back to Monaco to see what we wanted to see.   Using OBC  for the transfer basically "seals the deal".     You are such a wealth of good info.   Thanks again.