Accomodation question please??????

On 8/8/2022 at 7:04 PM, Aus Traveller said:

I believe the info about the motel refers to the Portside cruise terminal. Their website has the following -

Located on the corner of Nudgee Rd and Kingsford Smith Drive, within walking distance of the Brisbane Cruise Ship Terminal . They go on to say that they offer 'drop-off' to the Brisbane Cruise Terminal.  The photo shows a ship at Portside.

I don't think their website has been updated since the opening of the new cruise terminal.

We have booked the Kingsford Smith Motel for a November cruise and asked about cruise transfer, they said even though further will take us to ship.  When you book need do mention cruise transfer required though, hope this helps.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, subaru94 said:

We have booked the Kingsford Smith Motel for a November cruise and asked about cruise transfer, they said even though further will take us to ship.  When you book need do mention cruise transfer required though, hope this helps.

That's great! I am sure this info will help several others. We live in Brisbane so, for a seven-day cruise we drive to the terminal and leave the car in a long-term parking lot.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Nice beer indeed, except for that stuff with four x's on it. 😉

Just a couple of km's towards the city, another spot for a good Hotel as and what is now a rather unique beer experience. https://www.breakfastcreekhotel.com/bar#beer-off-the-wood-section

I do like the Breakfast Creek Hotel as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

Nice beer indeed, except for that stuff with four x's on it. 😉

Just a couple of km's towards the city, another spot for a good feed and what is now a rather unique beer experience. https://www.breakfastcreekhotel.com/bar#beer-off-the-wood-section

I haven't been there by my husband has with friends on their annual football trip to Brisbane.

• Like 1

Nice and comfy in Alcyone ready for Coral Princess tomorrow. A couple of comments:

- Cab fare from airport, $34.50, moderate traffic with a few red lights. Cab pre-booked with reception for our ride to the terminal in the morning

-  Comfy, serviced apartment. We ate at Gusto's for lunch, but have bought groceries at the IGA for dinner & breakfast. Nice balcony with table, full Fox and Netflix channels on TV.

• Like 4

On 8/8/2022 at 7:04 PM, Aus Traveller said:

I believe the info about the motel refers to the Portside cruise terminal. Their website has the following -

Located on the corner of Nudgee Rd and Kingsford Smith Drive, within walking distance of the Brisbane Cruise Ship Terminal . They go on to say that they offer 'drop-off' to the Brisbane Cruise Terminal.  The photo shows a ship at Portside.

I don't think their website has been updated since the opening of the new cruise terminal.

We have booked with Kingsford Smith Motel for November cruise and they will still take us to the new terminal, you just need to let them know when you book.

2 hours ago, subaru94 said:

We have booked with Kingsford Smith Motel for November cruise and they will still take us to the new terminal, you just need to let them know when you book.

That's good news for people wanting somewhere to stay in Brisbane pre-cruise. 🙂

21 hours ago, arxcards said:

Nice and comfy in Alcyone ready for Coral Princess tomorrow. A couple of comments:

- Cab fare from airport, $34.50, moderate traffic with a few red lights. Cab pre-booked with reception for our ride to the terminal in the morning

-  Comfy, serviced apartment. We ate at Gusto's for lunch, but have bought groceries at the IGA for dinner & breakfast. Nice balcony with table, full Fox and Netflix channels on TV.

Yes, give me the Alcyone every time. Plenty of eating options around the complex.

22 hours ago, arxcards said:

$35 to thr cruise terminal this morning, with some busy local traffic. Split the cab with a couple that came from the airport, but the cabbie dropped them at Portside. 

On 8/19/2022 at 2:32 PM, arxcards said:

$35 to thr cruise terminal this morning, with some busy local traffic. Split the cab with a couple that came from the airport, but the cabbie dropped them at Portside. 

I think that people getting dropped off at Portside, will be happening quite often.

12 hours ago, arxcards said:

Hopefully not. Our cabbie commented - what dumb @#%# cab driver would drop somebody at Portside.

I was thinking "What dumb person would get out of a taxi at Portside - particularly when they didn't see dozens of people with luggage". 😁 Maybe I'm being too tough. Maybe they hadn't cruised out of Brisbane before so didn't realise they were at the now disused terminal and maybe they just didn't think. 😁

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I was thinking "What dumb person would get out of a taxi at Portside - particularly when they didn't see dozens of people with luggage". 😁 Maybe I'm being too tough. Maybe they hadn't cruised out of Brisbane before so didn't realise they were at the now disused terminal and maybe they just didn't think. 😁

All I could tell was they looked lost, and were about to jump in our pre-booked cab. 

• 3 weeks later...

I came here looking for accommodation suggestions, as I booked a Carnival Luminosa cruise last night! It sort of booked itself the price was bloody excellent!

I'd like to thank everyone for their suggestions. I ended up booking the Kingsford Smith Motel.

• Like 4