Carnival Splendor cruise to depart one day early

14 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

You've got to be happy with that.😁

Not necessarily. 
If you’ve booked flights, paid for accommodation, or arranged days off work it could be dashed inconvenient!

I'm not on this sailing; we disembark Carnival Splendor in Sydney on 30th September and board the Pacific Encounter in Brisbane on 1st October. If P&O brought forward boarding by 24 hours it would not work for us at all. (We need to return home between these two cruises otherwise our trip goes over the 45 day limit of our travel insurance.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

Maybe it is something to do with Pacific Adventure being listed for October 2nd.  

Pacific Adventure is supposed to be using White Bay. The original schedule had Splendor departing overnight between the 1st and 2nd, perhaps for an Australian shakedown that is no longer required. Rather than pay for another day in port, lets get some passengers loaded and spending for an extra night.

• Like 3

Not, to happy. 

Carnival Original had the 5th of October as there first cruise back. 4 Nights to Moreton Island. Which I booked. Expecting it would be. 

Then they put on a 3 day cruise leaving October 2 to no-where, I couldn't book it, as I have a 10 month year old & carnival won't let more then 2 sea days for that age group. 

Now there added a day on to the front of that cruise leaving 1st to Moreton Island, fine for Baby, but only 7 weeks notice & trying to get leave during this school holiday departure is next to impossible for me at this short notice..

Especially being loyal to Carnival, over 20 cruises with them & 7 days from there highest level.

Plus there bringing a Costa ship here after only 2 weeks in Drydock. Not many will sail if it doesn't have attractions..

• Like 2