Bayou menu on Coral Princess

13 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Should be able to get as many starters as your heart desires. They just charge for extra mains.

Yes, that's what I think too. 

I'm surprised they structured the Bayou menu that way - essentially to "encourage" people to only have three courses. All the other speciality restaurant menus are a 4 or more course layout. Sabatinis works out at six courses - antipasto, appetiser, soup/salad, pasta, main and dessert. Thank goodness the servings are smaller now.

I actually prefer to have several small courses when dining in certain types of restaurant. I like variety of tastes, not large platefuls of food. I love degustation menus and some Asian styles of dining like Japanese Kaiseki.

Bayou does have more deluxe items on its menu than the old Sterling Steakhouses had. The lobster is exceptionally good, true Maine lobster apparently, and a decent size too. 

34 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I am not a huge fan of lobster as I find it is often bland without the garlic butter but do like lobster bisque.

It comes with a little dish of melted butter, with lemon I think, to dip the lobster into.

33 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I am not sure I will get to the Bayou, as we normally  go on a special  occasion and our next couple of cruises do not coincide with a birthday or anniversary as such.

Usually we don't bother with the speciality restaurants on short cruises but do use them on longer cruises as a change from the MDR. However we wanted to try the ones on Coral as the Bayou was new to us and the menu had bern revamped at Sabatinis.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 10:40 AM, MicCanberra said:

I am not sure I will get to the Bayou, as we normally  go on a special  occasion and our next couple of cruises do not coincide with a birthday or anniversary as such.

That is easy.  Just bring your next special occasion forward.  We used to celebrate one daughter's half birthday on 29/6, because her birthday was on 29/12, when all Australian children are on school holidays.  

On 8/10/2022 at 10:40 AM, MicCanberra said:

Isn't being able to cruise again enough of an excuse to celebrate?

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Tikibird said:

Bumping this up.  I was wondering if the menu is the same every night or do they change it.  We have vouchers for a specialty restaurant so might try Bayou.  Do they have key lime pie every night?

Same every cruise, every night - including key lime pie.

I finally got it booked over the phone and it shows up in the app.  But I still can't see speciality restaurant booking slots on any other day.  I decided to do it the first day, looking forward to a nice filet mignon and my husband will probably go for lobster or prawns.

1 hour ago, Tikibird said:

I finally got it booked over the phone and it shows up in the app.  But I still can't see speciality restaurant booking slots on any other day.  I decided to do it the first day, looking forward to a nice filet mignon and my husband will probably go for lobster or prawns.

They may be otherwise sold out. Booking times disappear from the app when that happens. You do need to tap on each time slot to check individually for each time.

• Like 1