Coral Princess - Cash Account - AUD or USD?

I will be on a Princess cruise this September which will visit 5 Australian ports only.

After boarding, I would like  to go to the Service Desk to set up a cash account for onboard expenses (did this in 2019). 

My question is will onboard expenses be in USD or AUD? If anyone has cruised on Coral Princess in Australia since June 2022, were the expenses charged to your cash account or credit card in USD or AUD?

Many thanks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, austromyrtus said:

I will be on a Princess cruise this September which will visit 5 Australian ports only.

After boarding, I would like  to go to the Service Desk to set up a cash account for onboard expenses (did this in 2019). 

My question is will onboard expenses be in USD or AUD? If anyone has cruised on Coral Princess in Australia since June 2022, were the expenses charged to your cash account or credit card in USD or AUD?

Many thanks. 

Aud and no prob to put cash in your folio

• Thanks 1

The Coral Princess operates in AUD - prices quoted on board are AUD as are the charges. If you want to put cash onto your account, you will still have to quote a credit or debit card when you set up the account prior to the cruise, but you can go to the service desk (in the atrium on deck 5) and put money into your account.

BTW, you probably already know that tips are already included in the fare you have paid.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I haven't  done it myself but I had heard you need to have at least $500 as a cash account, if you start running down the account too much,  they may ask you to top it up.

I've heard $300 and, yes, top ups may be required as the cruise progresses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The minimums mentioned would only be relevant if there was no credit or debit card registered against the account. As Julie said, the passenger would be asked to top up the amount if they came anywhere near using it all - that would be if there was no credit or debit card to cover the shortfall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1