Cruise Insurance Service Provider Australia

tum

Two Australians travelling with MSC in Jan 2023 from Civitivecchia to Sydney working through the information from various Australian Cruise insurance service providers. One aged 80, the other 53 thus very aware of age related restrictions from some providers. Will appreciate any information and feedback from Australians who have purchased cruise insurance.

My apologies for not being clear with my questions. We are still in Australia and have obtained travel insurance information from various Australian insurance companies. Allianz is one we are looking at that has cruise cover. Have you had any experience with Allianz for travel insurance. Have you got any recommendations on companies that provide travel insurance with cruise cover. Also I received some information from a few insurance companies in USA who have higher value medical insurance cover then the Australian companies. Have any Australians used American travel insurance before and what is their experience. Will appreciate any tips and feedback.

2 hours ago, tum said:

My apologies for not being clear with my questions. We are still in Australia and have obtained travel insurance information from various Australian insurance companies. Allianz is one we are looking at that has cruise cover. Have you had any experience with Allianz for travel insurance. Have you got any recommendations on companies that provide travel insurance with cruise cover. Also I received some information from a few insurance companies in USA who have higher value medical insurance cover then the Australian companies. Have any Australians used American travel insurance before and what is their experience. Will appreciate any tips and feedback.

Sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough to see that your cruise is in January 2023. There are at least two threads here from a couple of months ago that went into detail about travel insurance. One relates to the complimentary credit card insurance. Maybe you could scroll back a few pages to find them.

If you haven't paid the balance on the trip there could be a couple of options of complimentary credit card travel insurance that would suit. However, if you don't have the relevant card, it would mean applying for one. We use ANZ platinum CC where we have to pay at least $250 of the cost of the trip on the card and book the trip before the person's 81st birthday. The card costs us $85 pa if we don't spend $20,000 (I think that is the correct amount) on the card in the year.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

If the 80 year old doesn't turn 81 while on holiday you can use platinum visa free travel insurance if you pay for the trip on your visa card.

But on the negative side if you have prexisting conditions that they don't like, they will decline the complimentary card insurance. Happened to me a couple of times as Allianz is the insurance company for most of the big banks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

If the 80 year old doesn't turn 81 while on holiday you can use platinum visa free travel insurance if you pay for the trip on your visa card.

I believe it is the age when they begin the journey so shouldn’t affect if birthday while travelling, but maybe that’s our westpac card

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NSWP said:

But on the negative side if you have prexisting conditions that they don't like, they will decline the complimentary card insurance. Happened to me a couple of times as Allianz is the insurance company for most of the big banks.

Commonwealth Bank use Cover-more.

I don't think they have a minimum spend just pay a deposit. I could be wrong there, but that's what I was told.

Cruise cover is an extra; for our next cruise an 8 nighter to Vanuatu, they charge an additional $55 to cover the cruise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozwoody said:

Commonwealth Bank use Cover-more.

I don't think they have a minimum spend just pay a deposit. I could be wrong there, but that's what I was told.

Cruise cover is an extra; for our next cruise an 8 nighter to Vanuatu, they charge an additional $55 to cover the cruise.

Cheap as chips, you are blessed that you could get the cover.

10 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

I'm late 70's, but well looked after by present owner.🤣

Young John....If that is your 39 yr old wife/partner in the photo, you sure are well looked after, lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Young John....If that is your 39 yr old wife/partner in the photo, you sure are well looked after, lol.

Yes I'm a very lucky man, and Hil is very chuffed with your complement.😁

Edited by Ozwoody
  • Like 1

Hi everyone many thanks for all your feedback. We are now doing our research and feel satisfied that we will settle on a cover that best suits our needs. We are due to pay the full trip cost by the 5th October so will have insurance resolved by them. Happy travels to you all🚢