Testing for Greece - 10/11/2022

moking

The way I am reading the new requirements for testing we need to be tested 2 days before we board.  We are flying into Rome 2 days before so we need to find a testing sight when we land on Sunday.  Is this correct? 

Following. The currency carnival guidance is not clear at all about Greece. We’ve just been on another cruise line thru the Greek island and never was asked about testing.  We are in Athens today and they are testing the incoming passengers but not us on the B2B.  

The 2 day requirement in the carnival letter is hard to adhere to especially for US passenger flying in.  Especially since if you are unvaccinated your requirement is still 3 days. Sounds backwards to me

3 hours ago, jstrutton said:

Following. The currency carnival guidance is not clear at all about Greece. We’ve just been on another cruise line thru the Greek island and never was asked about testing.  We are in Athens today and they are testing the incoming passengers but not us on the B2B.  

The 2 day requirement in the carnival letter is hard to adhere to especially for US passenger flying in.  Especially since if you are unvaccinated your requirement is still 3 days. Sounds backwards to me

I thought the same thing at first.  It sounded backwards.  But -  maybe?  The difference in timing for the tests is because different types of tests are required.  If vaccinated you can do a antigen test.  Quicker, easier.  If unvaccinated you need to do a PCR, which has a longer time frame for the results and is supposedly more accurate (sensitive).  But this is just a guess.

3 hours ago, luv2trvlnow said:

I thought the same thing at first.  It sounded backwards.  But -  maybe?  The difference in timing for the tests is because different types of tests are required.  If vaccinated you can do a antigen test.  Quicker, easier.  If unvaccinated you need to do a PCR, which has a longer time frame for the results and is supposedly more accurate (sensitive).  But this is just a guess.

But I’m assuming that it would have to be a proctored test?  

44 minutes ago, jstrutton said:

But I’m assuming that it would have to be a proctored test?  

Yes your antigen test would have to be proctored.  But at least it can be done with your free government tests, anywhere.  I have read of people doing it in their hotel room over in Europe.

The PCR test would have to be done in person and usually takes about 24 hours to get the results and costs more money.  Supposedly it has fewer false negatives.

Interesting that if you go to the carnival protocol page on their website there isn’t mention of testing for Greece as was originally noted in the letter.  Not sure whether that was changed later.  Our daughter is still getting the walgreen COVID test on Thursday morning before the cruise on Sunday. 

The letter had a 2 day requirement for Greece but can’t find that on the carnival protocol site just in the letter we received.