Low to Mid price hotels in Rome.

jsscuba2

I am looking at several hotels in Rome central which are priced below $150. Just checking if anyone has had any experience or may have heard about them.

Hotel Navono

Hotel Lancelot

First Floor.

If you know of any other reasonable price in Rome please comment on them also.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, jsscuba2 said:

I am looking at several hotels in Rome central which are priced below $150. Just checking if anyone has had any experience or may have heard about them.

Hotel Navono

Hotel Lancelot

First Floor.

If you know of any other reasonable price in Rome please comment on them also.

Thanks.

If you mean Hotel Navona, I know and have stayed in it (and can recommend it).  It's located in several floors of an old building but nicely modernized. And the location is hard to beat.

Hotel Lancelot is one I've heard recommended for years as a good budget hotel. However, I haven't stayed there.  The location is close to the Colosseum; good for seeing the ancient sites of Rome but a bit less centrally located (and fewer decent restaurant choices, although there are some).

I've never heard of the last one.

What you will get for this amount nicht also depend on your Datei.

A favourite hotel of mine starts at € 160 tomorrow, € 84 in two weeks and over € 600 sometime in September.

Of course you cannot choose the date when going on a cruise. I personnaly would pick the area of Rome first and then check what is available there. Wih the hotels named you already have a good choice in different areas.

I stayed at Hotel Lancelot and loved it.  Found plenty of spots close by to eat as well, plus some nights the hotel has a prix fixe 3 course dinner and it was fabulous!  I am not a fan of his but there was a large group (ok maybe 10 people) on a Rick Steves' tour staying there.

Link to my review Hotel Lancelot Rome on trip advisor, with pix.  I was there in May.  They even had a room ready for me pretty early, I'd say by 10 AM or so and they did respond pretty quickly to emails.  VERY small elevator but it works.  Nice little outdoor patio as well.

The staff was lovely, there's a 24 hour bar and you can get coffee and such.  Breakfast was good. Plenty of places for a coffee and pastry close by as well.  I'd stay again.  It's in a quieter, more residential area and I thought the places within a couple blocks to eat were well priced.  I probably spent 25 Euros on lunch/dinner, INCLUDING wine and dessert,  and maybe an appetizer, plus the couple Euro "service charge" which may have been for bread.  

I also spent 1 night at Le Meridien Visconti to be closer to the Vatican.  It was nice but the staff was a little clueless. They often ran out of smaller bills for change which was annoying.  Again, I found lots of places to eat. I may have used points there.

If you have other questions, let me know.  I may not see them right away but feel free to ask. 

Friends of mine stayed at the Code hotel and they loved that too.  Not sure of your dates or how much it would be but they loved the property and the staff took really good care of them .  With any of these hotels, booking direct should get you the best rate and you may be able to email the property for a better deal though that isn't always the case.

Edited by megr1125