honeymoon package

nylawman

I attempted to order the anniversary/honeymoon pkg by calling the 800 number in the previous post and the lady I spoke to refused to take my order, claiming that my TA needs to phone the order in to them. I told her that seemed bizarre to me since I am pretty sure I have the options of phoning, faxing or emailing my order and decided that if they don't want my money I simply will spend it elsewhere, like in the ports we stop at instead of on the ship.

Anyone else encountered this issue? Just seems very odd to me.

Yes, that seems odd to me. I called my own order in and wasn't told to go through my TA. Plus this is under the Bon Voyage gifts section, and my understanding is that any friend or family member is supposed to be able to order these as well.

I called my order in as well, and I booked thru a TA. I did have to call twice as the first time the woman did not take my CC# nor did she really sound like she knew what she was doing... I called back and got a great representative and she put through the package for me and charged my card (it had not been done before). Everything was in order when we boarded the ship.

~Intrepid

I attempted to order the anniversary/honeymoon pkg by calling the 800 number in the previous post and the lady I spoke to refused to take my order, claiming that my TA needs to phone the order in to them. I told her that seemed bizarre to me since I am pretty sure I have the options of phoning, faxing or emailing my order and decided that if they don't want my money I simply will spend it elsewhere, like in the ports we stop at instead of on the ship.

I booked my cruise through an agent and I was able to order the honeymoon/anniversary package directly through NCL. In fact, I ordered it yesterday and received instant confirmation via email.

Just as I suspected. Thanks for the feedback. I am getting a wee bit frustrated with the people NCL has answering their phones these days. I am not sure if it is a lack of competence or motivation, but I am not in the mood to work this hard to spend my money with them. I've been having similar issues with their Shore Excursions department, I've sent an email to customer care and their corporate offices but have yet to resolve anything, even though someone did leave a voicemail trying to return my call. Hopefully our experiences on board will be different...

If you do have problems remember you can book the package when you are on board at the main desk - it just means that you have to wait a bit for your champers and strawberries - ours were meant to be delivered at 6pm on sailaway day but [after an apologetic phone call] they actualy came the next day - which worked out better for us as it was Valentines Day!

Archived