current kids club hours

kitkat343

It might depend what ship you’re on. We were on the Encore last month and it was  mostly back to normal at 10-12, 2-4, and 7-10 for kids 5 and up only. They have always breaked for meal times, and had not yet reintroduced the late-nite drop-off for a fee. 

Keep in mind the hours vary by sailing. There have been a few recent threads about hours and capacity being cut back or programs cancelled altogether. NCL gives no official reason for this but it's thought to be a result of staff shortages or covid infection amongst the kids club staff. Since crew contract start and end every single week so a shortage could affect any sailing with no prior notice. 

6 hours ago, bianks said:

Ignorant question as I’ve never sailed with kids, 

what do they do in kids club? Can they go anywhere on the ship or are they stuck in the “kids club” room? 

They provide entertainment / Babysitting so that parents can get some “mommy and daddy time” without the kids. 

7 hours ago, bianks said:

Ignorant question as I’ve never sailed with kids, 

what do they do in kids club? Can they go anywhere on the ship or are they stuck in the “kids club” room? 

Kids 10+ can sign themselves with their parent’s permission, obviously they don’t let 5 year olds just wander around the ship.

but are they stuck in the "kids club room" or are they out with the crew doing fun stuff around the ship? i.e. are they free ranging where ever they'd like to go with supervision or are they stuck in the room doing daycare-like activities? 

14 hours ago, bianks said:

but are they stuck in the "kids club room" or are they out with the crew doing fun stuff around the ship? i.e. are they free ranging where ever they'd like to go with supervision or are they stuck in the room doing daycare-like activities? 

They occasionally take them out but no, they don’t let them roam free and follow them around. All activities are listed with times.

15 hours ago, bianks said:

On Breakaway earlier this month and they never left the kids area. It was two floors of stuff to do and plenty of space to move around. They also limit the number of children based on capacity rules so the kids have space to move and play. I personally prefer knowing they are not leaving the secure space. Go the first day when you are allowed in to see the facilities so you are more comfortable. 

2 hours ago, booger5 said:

On Breakaway earlier this month and they never left the kids area. It was two floors of stuff to do and plenty of space to move around. They also limit the number of children based on capacity rules so the kids have space to move and play. I personally prefer knowing they are not leaving the secure space. Go the first day when you are allowed in to see the facilities so you are more comfortable. 

Wait! You don't just drop your kid and run away really quick?? Pretty sure that's what I would do if I had a kid. No need to see the space. Just give me my thermal suite and no children. Ahhhhh, bliss!

• Like 2

Just now, cruiseny4life said:

Wait! You don't just drop your kid and run away really quick?? Pretty sure that's what I would do if I had a kid. No need to see the space. Just give me my thermal suite and no children. Ahhhhh, bliss!

Same, and I have 5! That was me running down the hallway!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

HAHA! After Day 1 absolutely. But for folks who haven't taken their kids before, embarkation day is the only chance to see the space when you get your kid registered. I also recommend going and meeting the folks there because it is like Disney world now having to download the NCL ship all, join their wifi, get on a virtual queue and waiting for your spot to being next in line to show up blah blah. Best to get all that information on Day 1 so you are ready for the rest of your trip.  On port days that queue opened at 6am so if you wanted in, you had to get up and sign up!