Hyatt Pier 66 - Updates Please!!!

karen kay

Can someone please post any recent experiences with the Hyatt 66 - we have read mixed reviews about this hotel the last few months. I have heard that the renovations are complete --- any info would be appreciated as we have reservations the first week of April. Thanks in advance.

Jewel of the Seas 4/8/06

We've stayed at Pier 66 3 times before our HAL cruises and really loved it there. We were not able to cruise this Feb but I still have been interested in knowing what's been happening at the Hyatt.

Unfortunately....from what I've been reading at Tripadvisor.com, the reviews aren't good and that bothers me. Its a great property and the nasty, picky-ony comments made at tripadvisor get to me....its a beautiful location and the times we were there, we had an awesome, relaxing, fun few days before our cruises. The pool was terrific, the restaurants were very good, the service was very good, the rooms were always clean. Now they've upgraded/remodeled many of the Lanai rooms and the pool. How can it be as bad as some of the reviews say it is? I just don't get it sometimes....the things that people will complain about.

Having said that, I know there's another thread on this board about Pier 66, and those comments have been mixed. Since you're not leaving until April, I'd go to http://www.tripadvisor.com and look up the Hyatt and continue to go back to read the most recent comments.

Personally, I can't see you having a horrible stay there....regardless of some of the comments/reviews that I've read. Its FLORIDA!! Its SUNNY!!! Its WARM!!! How can you NOT have a good time?

Just my opinion....: )

We will be staying at this hotel this week (March 8th) before our cruise on the Celebrity Century. I will post my comments about it when we get home. From what I understand, all the renovations have been completed. I'll let you know.

Linda

Thank you Woodburykt and Linda - here's to a wonderful vacation, starting off just right!! Looking forward to your comments upon your return Linda. Enjoy your cruise! Woodburykt, thank you for your positive comments too.

K.

we stayed there the end of jan precruise and it was fine. Got a pretty good deal on priceline and ended up in a tower room. The hallways and such in the tower were showing some wear but the room we had was fine overall. They were still doing some construction on the balcony areas so we did have some debris from that on the balcony but nothing that prevented us from using it. Had a great view of the harbor and the cruise ships. Pool area was very nice.

Restaurants were overpriced, but that's what you get in any 4 star operation.

Will caution you that if you have any mobility issues, it is a bit of a hike to the Pelican Bar dockside and then you have to climb a set of stairs to get up there. No handicap accessability. Adjacent to the bar is where you catch the water taxi.

Overall, I wouldn't be terribly concerned. We got it for $150 a nite on priceline and I was satisfied, given that folks were paying $100 or so for Amerisuites. Is it worth the $250 rate they were getting at that time on the net? Not in my opinion.

We just spent three nights there (Feb 19, 20, 21) precruise. Out of our group of four couples, three had the remodeled lanai rooms. The old room was clean and nice, but the new rooms were fantastic. All eight of us could have fit in our shower. The TV was about a 36" flat panel. Service was good, and we had Priceline reservations. It was $140 for Sunday night, but Monday was Presidents Day. The Monday and Tuesday rate was $105/ea. The Hyatt web site price was $270.

Archived