(Uncle) Les - wishing you a speedy return to good health

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer said:

Lovely to hear from you Les. Take care and don't overdo that shoulder - in the recovery stage of a frozen shoulder, I can feel your pain. Hopefully you will keep improving.

Healing wishes to you, too🙏🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/9/2024 at 7:33 PM, Aussieflyer said:

Checking in to see how things are.

Thanks for asking, now happily residing in a ground floor villa at a very small retirement village, Illawarra Retirement Trust - Moruya on Moruya River. Still battling with the cancer and kidney issues, but as the oncologist said to me the other day, 'Les, your 'Best before Date' might have passed BUT your 'Use by Date' has not yet been reached !!'   I cracked up!

Although not posting much these days I still enjoy reading the posts.

Best wishes to all and above all 'keep cruising !!!'

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Thanks for asking, now happily residing in a ground floor villa at a very small retirement village, Illawarra Retirement Trust - Moruya on Moruya River. Still battling with the cancer and kidney issues, but as the oncologist said to me the other day, 'Les, your 'Best before Date' might have passed BUT your 'Use by Date' has not yet been reached !!'   I cracked up!

Lovely to hear from you - was getting a bit worried there for a while. Hope you are enjoying the retirement villa and that you can keep those pesky health issues under control. Enjoy the warmer weather that is coming. I think one always feels better if is is not dark and rainy.

Best wishes

Jenny

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Keep well. Please let us know periodically how you are going. 🙂

• Like 3

9 hours ago, NSWP said:

Nice to read your post Uncle Les, and I love the oncologist's anecdote.

• Like 2

Lynn & I are so happy to see your post Les. Good to hear that you continue to push your "use by" date into the future. We are glad you are well settled into your new villa. Continue to Live Life Full.

Cheers Lyle & Lynn

• Like 3

On 5/30/2024 at 1:10 PM, NSWP said:

still in sling, but pain is less. don't want a reconstruction and dr not keen on it, given my age, 76, other conditions. battling on, thank you all for your comments. go back to ortho in a couple of weeks.

Very wise  wish I had not had one done  stay safe

• Like 1

Les, good to hear from you mate. Your sense of humour is what will keep you going for sure 🙂 

Hope to make a trip down your way before the end of the year.

Take care of yourself. 

Cheers, Neil & Tracey

• Like 3

irt.org.au

is this the beautiful over 55 retirement community where you now live, LES?

almost like being on a ship, les.  you can sit overlooking the river reliving the memories of your many cruises and sharing your cruising knowledge on cruise critic.

hope you have more good days than bad days   Do you see the family dog?

• Like 3

7AE97558-F6D9-4215-9253-20CE19D0F283.jpeg.34d29806432d7adb273f71045226a4bc.jpeg

On 9/19/2024 at 2:48 AM, MMDown Under said:

irt.org.au

is this the beautiful over 55 retirement community where you now live, LES?

almost like being on a ship, les.  you can sit overlooking the river reliving the memories of your many cruises and sharing your cruising knowledge on cruise critic.

hope you have more good days than bad days   Do you see the family dog?

Yes it is, nice villa on the river, still see the dog. Lab dies but now Irish Wolfhound daughter has,  grandaughter the vet has irish setter and english setter.68D2EA45-23FF-4EAD-B533-5364ADEB2887.thumb.jpeg.1723e5749a9897a62f48de5f0cf7bf07.jpeg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 10

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes it is, nice villa on the river, still see the dog. Lab dies but now Irish Wolfhound daughter has,  grandaughter the vet has irish setter and english setter.68D2EA45-23FF-4EAD-B533-5364ADEB2887.thumb.jpeg.1723e5749a9897a62f48de5f0cf7bf07.jpeg

Awww. Will grow up to be a gentle giant.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NSWP said:

I had a Quick look at their website - looks a lovely place and great place to live. Those four-legs (as my SIL refers to them) are very cute and glad you do get to see them. Take care and enjoy the new digs - could think of many worse places to live. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

Hi Les

Great to hear you are chugging along, wishing you all the best

we are off an a cruise late october, so not long to go., you never know what is round to corner ( maybe Dan's lol )

Cheers Don with a whiskey

How are you Don? Haven't seen you on here recently.

On 9/23/2024 at 9:26 AM, NSWP said:

Your family has an interesting selection of dogs, Les.  Irish Wolfhound (daughter), Irish Setter and English Setter (grand daughter), You'll have to attach a photo of your grand daughter's dogs. Les.

Is your grand daughter still living in the Sunshine State?  You certainly live in a beautiful place for them to visit.  Like living on the Gold Coast, no shortage of visitors!  Keep well and enjoying life!

• Like 1

On 9/23/2024 at 8:08 PM, possum52 said:

How are you Don? Haven't seen you on here recently.

Hi Leigh

Not much holidaying  2 cruises soon one to NZ and the other to south Aus on the Daimond and have 2 booked late 2025 on the discovey.

have been very busy with care for mum whom is 98 and living at home, along with myself having some health issues, poor balance, slow walking .doctor has some ideas but we will see

Cheers Don with Coffee on the lounge,

• Like 2

11 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Hi Leigh

Not much holidaying  2 cruises soon one to NZ and the other to south Aus on the Daimond and have 2 booked late 2025 on the discovey.

have been very busy with care for mum whom is 98 and living at home, along with myself having some health issues, poor balance, slow walking .doctor has some ideas but we will see

Hope your health issues are easily fixed Don. Your mother is amazing! My Dad is 94 and is still living at home, fortunately my brother lives with him. It is such a relief to my other siblings and myself that Dad had someone with him most of the time. 

Enjoy your cruises Don. 

14 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Hi Leigh

good to hear you are still cruising.  wow 4 cruises is impressive.  Bon Voyage!