Maitre d on recent valor?

What are the late dinning times for the Washington dinning room ? 8:00 or 8:30. Which dinning room is better, Washington or Lincoln ?

Washington Dining Room late time is 8:00 pm and I had Mr. V. He was great.

The wait staff danced every night and got the passengers involved too!

I really liked the Lincoln dining room. Felt it was more open and also easier to get to too. It helped having the elevator right next to our room that dropped off right at the Lincoln.:)

The couple times I went to the Washington room it was hard to to get to.

On my cruise the Washington dining times were 5:45 and 8:00

Lincoln was 6:15 and 8:30

What are the late dinning times for the Washington dinning room ? 8:00 or 8:30. Which dinning room is better, Washington or Lincoln ?

We had the Washington dining room on our Valor cruise. The lincoln is smaller. So if thats better for you then you may want the Lincoln. If you want a bigger atmosphere, try for the Washington dining room. I still despise the bright pink ( literally this is the color of the dining room walls ) color in the dining rooms though...YUK. The rest of the ship is wonderful.

During our cruise, the Washington dining times were 5:45 & 8:00. Lincoln was 6:15 & 8:30

My husbands worst nightmare.....wait staff making him get up and dance around. Oh, this should be good. Anyone have information on the Sensations staff?

If you find this nightmare of your husbands to be funny, perhaps give the waitstaff a heads up about it. Then they will for sure make him do it. ;)

We just got off the Valor 2 weeks ago.

The Washington and Lincoln dining rooms are identical as far as color scheme. We had heard alot about it on here-people saying the pink was just awful. But, it is NOT bright pink. It is a coral color that is in really good taste. Everyone with us thought it was really nice. Nothing over the top really.

The Lincoln is a smaller and because it is in the middle on the ship in an odd location ...I have heard some people say they had people walking through that dining room during dinner/lunch time. The Washington has some great views out the back of the ship which is nice.

We had the 8 p.m. seating and enjoyed the Washington dining room very much!

Just got off the Valor and we had the Washington dining room with MR. V the Maitre D! The best Maitre D I have ever had! Funny, entertaining, personable, we had pictures taken with him and he was such a celebrity by the end of the cruise he was autographing the Carnival give-away paintings.

I don't get it...

Why would anyone care who the Maitre d is? Okay... he is there to insure the dining room is running properly, and may even help you out.

But I don't understand the facination. It this a name dropping kind of deal... where you feel inportant if you know their name...?

This is a honest question... what is the big deal?

Archived