"Upgrade"?

pingman52

I am booked on Regal Princess, embarking 1/03/23. Recently received an upgrade notice that my new cabin is M623, Marina deck, Category BC. I had been on Caribe deck(deck 10), which has staterooms above and below. I had a balcony cabin, category BE, C107(near the bow). Marina deck(deck 15) has staterooms below but above is Horizon Court- not sure what that is. Also, my new room is directly across the hall from the self-serve laundry.

Will my new room have noise issues? Was I really "upgraded", or should I ask for my old room back? 

Thanks all!

Some would consider the new cabin better and some not.  Pretend you want to book a cabin and see if there are any other BC Catg cabins of interest.  You can ask to move to an open one for no charge.

ETA:  Hmm.. quick look indicates slim pickings.  Either ask about alternatives or ask for old one back.  Perhaps you would prefer one of the many BD's instead of the BC?  You need to call PCL or your TA and push the inquiry. 

Also, were you marked "no upgrade", or were you open to upgrades?  If the latter, harder to make a case.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

Upgrade maybe.....maybe not. 

The rooms near the bow get more movement....for me, I love it but others not so much.      I had a room on the Discovery right above the buffet on the Discovery and I did hear noise (once).      So, it's a matter of preference.    I'd keep the old room, but then again, I like the ship's movement.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t consider the area across from the laundry room to be noisy, however, being below the Horizon Court (the buffet seating area) can be noisy if there is no carpeting.  People dragging their chairs across a tile floor is awful if it’s right overhead.  I can’t tell from the photos if the area is carpeted or not.  
A friend who was on the Marina deck said they were miserable but not sure what area they had up there.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

I wouldn’t consider the area across from the laundry room to be noisy, however, being below the Horizon Court (the buffet seating area) can be noisy if there is no carpeting.  People dragging their chairs across a tile floor is awful if it’s right overhead.  I can’t tell from the photos if the area is carpeted or not.  
A friend who was on the Marina deck said they were miserable but not sure what area they had up there.  

I haven't heard being under horizon court (especially aft) - I have heard however that being under the pool deck area where the chairs are can be bad.

6 minutes ago, cruisingrob21 said:

I haven't heard being under horizon court (especially aft) - I have heard however that being under the pool deck area where the chairs are can be bad.

Probably true.  I really couldn’t tell from the photos is that was tile or carpet.  It carpet, it’s all good but if it’s tile, it could be noisy.  We were under the horizon court on an older Princess ship and it was noisy.  

2 hours ago, pingman52 said:

I am booked on Regal Princess, embarking 1/03/23. Recently received an upgrade notice that my new cabin is M623, Marina deck, Category BC. I had been on Caribe deck(deck 10), which has staterooms above and below. I had a balcony cabin, category BE, C107(near the bow). Marina deck(deck 15) has staterooms below but above is Horizon Court- not sure what that is. Also, my new room is directly across the hall from the self-serve laundry.

Will my new room have noise issues? Was I really "upgraded", or should I ask for my old room back? 

Thanks all!

Yes there are noises from kitchens and Horizen Court

We would ask for Caribe room back and mark booking No Upgrades 🤞🏻

• Like 1