A coffee question

Alberta54

20 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

On Celebrity saw them using ground Lavazza coffee in their buffet coffee machines…hopefully the same on Princess’ Royal-class ships. 🤞

It is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2024 at 5:22 PM, Astro Flyer said:

I’ve read that Lavazza is now the coffee used…is that only in the IC or also in Royal-class ships buffet’s filtered coffee machines made from ground coffee?

On Celebrity saw them using ground Lavazza coffee in their buffet coffee machines…hopefully the same on Princess’ Royal-class ships. 🤞

It is! We've sailed on Royal Princess and Regal Princess within the last nine months, and they have Lavazza coffee on both ships

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rustysunshine said:

It is! We've sailed on Royal Princess and Regal Princess within the last nine months, and they have Lavazza coffee on both ships

Thanks…my coffee tastebuds liked it on Celebrity & afterwards bought Lavazza K-cups for at home.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rustysunshine said:

I'm glad it's on the Royal now.  We were on her from September - November last fall (2023) and they still had the old coffee and coffee machines in the buffet.  And they were broken most of the time.  We went through a lot of Starbucks Via!

16 minutes ago, pompeii said:

I'm glad it's on the Royal now.  We were on her from September - November last fall (2023) and they still had the old coffee and coffee machines in the buffet.  And they were broken most of the time.  We went through a lot of Starbucks Via!

Interesting.  We were on the Ruby last August and literally while having breakfast watched them change the coffee in the lido to lavazza.  You can imagine how thrilled we were.  For years the coffee was awful in my opinion and that’s why I always paid for a coffee card.

I believe that Princess has done away with “Coffee Syrup” and now uses Lavazza Brand Coffee both in the Buffet and in the main dining room.  .  In the “atrium” one has the choice of a variety of different types of coffee, also from Lavazza.