Liberty of the seas corner "hump" balcony info????

Shand9219

Hi everyone. So I've had to change to the liberty of the seas from my original cruise and when booking, the only balcony staterooms left were the "hump" or bump out corner balconies. I'm in 7648, so it looks like a corner one? 

Can anyone tell me what the difference is with this? Kind of feeling like they were last left for a reason. Assuming the balcony in that one isn't any bigger, but are they less private? Anyone have photos of this or corner hump balconies just like this one please? (Even on deck 6 etc )  Can't find any photos anywhere and wondering if its a less than desirable room . 

Thanks 😊 

Edited by Shand9219
All in caps which looks annoying

• Shand9219 changed the title to Liberty of the seas corner "hump" balcony info????

Have stayed close by, have had friends in this is very similar hump.  Have done humps on both Radiance and Freedom classes.

It is fine, the main drawback is much less visibility "forward".  Meaning you can't see as much where you are going near the ship.  In the grand view of the ocean, this tends to mean very little.

View looking back is great because it is offset enough not to be obstructed by the folks in 7650.

The corners do have a slightly smaller balcony due to its shape, not a rectangle - but still good.

Some people talk about atrium noise, but has never been noticeable to us.

It would take something like 7708 being available to make me put effort into moving from 7648.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dna1990 said:

Have stayed close by, have had friends in this is very similar hump.  Have done humps on both Radiance and Freedom classes.

It is fine, the main drawback is much less visibility "forward".  Meaning you can't see as much where you are going near the ship.  In the grand view of the ocean, this tends to mean very little.

View looking back is great because it is offset enough not to be obstructed by the folks in 7650.

The corners do have a slightly smaller balcony due to its shape, not a rectangle - but still good.

Some people talk about atrium noise, but has never been noticeable to us.

It would take something like 7708 being available to make me put effort into moving from 7648.

Thank you this is so helpful. Slightly smaller is a bit of a concern as there will be 2 adults and 2 kids under 10. And i was worried people beside could see right into our balcony

But this was the only workable option for us as we're stuck on these dates only. I feel a bit better knowing it's not a total nightmare cabin though so thanks 

Edited by Shand9219

Oh interesting about the maybe on the atrium noise. I'll look into that though, or the possibility of it being an issue will drive me mad. It was literally this cabin or the opposite left when I booked so I'm consoling myself with it was this or miss out completely lol

42 minutes ago, Shand9219 said:

Hi everyone. So I've had to change to the liberty of the seas from my original cruise and when booking, the only balcony staterooms left were the "hump" or bump out corner balconies. I'm in 7648, so it looks like a corner one? 

Can anyone tell me what the difference is with this? Kind of feeling like they were last left for a reason. Assuming the balcony in that one isn't any bigger, but are they less private? Anyone have photos of this or corner hump balconies just like this one please? (Even on deck 6 etc )  Can't find any photos anywhere and wondering if its a less than desirable room . 

Thanks 😊 

7330, same cabin on other side of ship, which is the last hump cabin.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

7330, same cabin on other side of ship, which is the last hump cabin.

Oh my goodness thank you. This is exactly what I wanted to see. Do you know, I have typed all the other cabin numbers with the same corner bump out as ours into Google and youtube and still didnt find this. It's definitely not as overlooked as I was imagining it was going to be.

Thank you i feel so much better seeing a video 😊