Volendam Main deck inside cabin sofa bed question

diekmanj

We are planning a family cruise and considering booking the Volendam for it. One of the cabins we're considering is an inside cabin on the Main deck that has a sofa bed. We would have 3 adults in the cabin. What type of bed is the sofa bed in these rooms? Is it the pull-out kind or the flip-over kind? I'm trying to figure out if there is still space to walk past the sofa bed from the other beds. Thanks!

My experience in inside cabins on R-class ships is that the sofa bed is one that flips. The space between that bed and the foot of the larger bed is tight, but that is true when the sofa bed is closed, too. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, diekmanj said:

Thanks! I'm hoping that it is the type that flips. We would have the other beds in the twin configuration so maybe it wouldn't be as tight.

If the main bed is arranged as twins, it definitely won't be as tight, assuming the third bed is a flip. The access to the two twin beds will be in the center, with the other side of the bed against the wall. The aisle between the two twins will be twice as wide as the side aisles are when the beds are together, so a lot more room to walk. Both nightstands will be alongside the heads of the beds. 
Much easier to reach the cabin phone, too! 

Thank you for this information! It sounds like that would be the best arrangement for the beds. Good to know about the cabin phone, too...we' will be traveling with my parents who will be in another cabin on a different deck-so will probably need to call their room.