I'm sorry, but I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!!

hopelea

:D All I wanted to say is, "I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY CRUISE TO ALASKA."

How do I stop thinking and obsessing about my upcoming cruise. I am driving my family nuts. They keep saying "mom we have two months left, let's talk about this later!" I feel like my life is consumed with Alaska. I try my best to NOT talk about it at work. I know my co-workers don't want to hear about all my wonderful plans! :p

There must be a cure for this! :D

:D All I wanted to say is, "I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY CRUISE TO ALASKA."

How do I stop thinking and obsessing about my upcoming cruise. I am driving my family nuts. They keep saying "mom we have two months left, let's talk about this later!" I feel like my life is consumed with Alaska. I try my best to NOT talk about it at work. I know my co-workers don't want to hear about all my wonderful plans! :p

There must be a cure for this! :D

Sorry, there is no cure. You will only get worse. You are suffering from cruise addiction. :)

I am kinda going thru the same thing only I have 5 looooong months to wait. This will be our first cruise to Alaska. These boards help me get from one cruise to the next. They are the next best thing!
We too have 5 long months to wait... and 5 long months to answer questions from my parents and in-laws like "When we have traveled in the past, it has usually been with ABC Tours and when we get off the plane someone is holding a sign up for us. What will we do when we get off the plane in Seattle?" (Answer - get a cab).

But it is what it is, and I too am driving the DW crazy with little notes left next to her sink in the bathroom on the latest tour idea or hotel info or whatever other tidbit I happen to find that night.

We're on the Westerdam, August 6th. Which cruise are you doing?

I agree with djacobson--there is no cure except the cruise itself. My family and I went on our first Alaskan cruise last June. Initially, we thought it would be our only time there-wrong. We are planning to return again this June to help our parents celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.(We thought this would be a good excuse to return). I too find myself constantly planning and reading these boards in anticipation of the trip. I guess you can say I'm addicted too.

Bruce

Alabama

Maybe there is a program to help with the addiction....I have looked around and not found one???!!!

Bruce.....We too went on a "once in a lifetime" anniversary cruise last September and within 3 weeks of returning had booked our next one (with the kids this time), and convinced my sisters, their families, and my Mother that they needed to go too. Our message board in the kitchen already has the countdown clock on it and the suitcases are open in the spare room to throw things in in anticipation!!! 'Tis a serious addiction. I have already hit the acceptance stage and now just research future cruises. :D :) :D

ladysheri

Five months from today we leave for our first Alaska Trip. I too can not wait!! We are seniors and my dear husband has never wanted to go to Alaska - he finally told me to book it!:) We are going with 2 other couples and they are all excited (except DH). I'm sure the wait will be worth it. I check these sights at least once a day!:)

I must confess, I have the same addiction. This is my first cruise and a dream vacation for me. We are sailing 6 months from today, September, but I already have a small suitcase open putting things in like band-aids, gloves, silk socks, etc.

I too am driving everybody crazy. Oh well they will just have to put up with me.

Well, not exactly a cure, but a temporary fix...

I was also driving my family nuts...('cant you think of amything else, cruise brain?"):o Our Alaskan cruise isnt until in July...

So, I booked a "pre-cruise cruise"...I just booked a 4day on Splender for next month...now I can have a stepping stone to the "Big Cruise"...got it pretty cheap..booked inside gaurentee...just got docs...was upgraded to a balcony on deck 7!!! Oh yeah...that'll help a little and get me some good practice sitting on that balcony until Im sitting on that balocny on the Serenade and we take off for the glaciers!!!!!:D

I was afraid to admit it. I am totally obcessed with Alaska and the info I can find on this website. I now am having Domino's deliver to the computer room. They ring once and walk in so I din't have to leave my computer. I have to only make breakfast. My chair lounges back for sleep !!

Our Alaskan cruise isnt until in July...

So, I booked a "pre-cruise cruise"...I just booked a 4day on Splender for next month...now I can have a stepping stone to the "Big Cruise"

I came very close to doing the same thing, but I decided I didn't have enough money to do both. I thought I was crazy. Now I know I'm not the only one! :D

I came very close to doing the same thing, but I decided I didn't have enough money to do both. I thought I was crazy. Now I know I'm not the only one! :D

Yes, us either...this 4day is out of Galveston , so its with in driving distance for us...no airfare to worry with...

But, Alaska...Dallas to Vancouver,is killing us;)

Oh well, I think it was worth it to my partner tho, just to not hear me say the words 'Alaska' or "Canada" for a day or so..I think she'd have morgaged the house:p

Something about the Alaska cruise is addictive. I researched our Hawaii cruise on these boards but never joined or commented. I started to do the same with Alaska (this coming August), but could not just plan and wait. I got hooked on planning, commenting on other's plans, doing side research on any excursion people mentioned. To keep the talk with family and co-workers down, just keep typing your comments and questions here. I mentioned the cruise to family and friends, and they got tired of hearing it. They said "Have you gone yet?"

I'm another person about to go crazy here. We are down to less than 6 months. When we booked the cruise my countdown was just under 12 months, so the time has gone by fast, just not fast enough.

I check these boards almost every single day and I feel I know so much about Alaska now that it's almost like I have been there.

No cure...disease is terminal and can only be cured on the day of boarding. However, I must tell you that the disease most often reappears soon after the cruise is over. This is our 4th trip to Alaska and I got a note yesterday from my TA the predocs were on the way and I could not sleep last night....I think we are 71 days away and counting.

have a great trip

I was afraid to admit it. I am totally obcessed with Alaska and the info I can find on this website. I now am having Domino's deliver to the computer room. They ring once and walk in so I din't have to leave my computer. I have to only make breakfast. My chair lounges back for sleep !!

It's so nice not to be the only one!! NO ONE understands this addiction, especially DH. We are going with a group of 7 adults, flying into Seattle, staying 2 nights, Amtraking to Vancouver, staying one night and then boardings. I have planned Every gruelling detail! The rest of the group is excited someone else is doing the work! I sent out the 4 page itinerary to them yesterday! I have a list of things to pack and we don't leave until July 27th! I'm already looking at what cruise we are going to do next. These boards keep me going!

I can't seem to get my clock to work here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excited, yeah you definitely can say that. I'm also addicted. Everyday I'm reading, researching these boards, sending for brochures, etc. My DH says he can't get excited yet. Well, I'm excited enough for both of us.

We don't leave til late August, so we also have 5 looooooooooooong months.

Every1 have a great trip.

We are cruising HAL to Alaska in June. My DS, BIL, DH and I are taking our second cruise, but first to Alaska. We have a whale watch trip planned with Capt Larry in Juneau, but still undecided about Sitka and Ketchikan.

These boards have helped so much with information and excursion planning. Thanks.

Me too!!! ME TOO!!!

To say I am excited about this first cruise to Alaska is an undertatement! Final payment is made and we're just over 80 days to go :)

Captain Larry here we come......:D

Archived