southern caribbean

kam2718

I was trying to plan a southern caribbean cruise but i was a little unsure on the cruise ships. For my first 2 cruises the ships were fairly new 2000 or newer. But the one ship that carnival has that goes to the southern caribbean which is the destiny has a service entry date of 1996. Does the ship seem old and do is have any of the new features like the newer ship have. So does anybody have information about this ship...thanks!

Go to the last page of this thread. Then go back about 10-15 pages and start reading. There are lots of reviews on the ship posted here. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44544&page=251

This April we will take our third Destiny cruise. I have not been on any other ships since the 1980s, so I don't know if the Destiny is "showing her age" or how she compares to other ships. I only know that we have had very professional, personal and personable service from the entire staff. The food has been very good, not great (depending on your definitions). The entertainment has been anywhere from fair to lots of fun. If you want to just sit back and relax, there are lots of places on board to do that, too.

If you have any other specific questions, the "Destiny" thread is really the place to be!!

We sailed on the Destiny last May, and we thought it was absolutely wonderful. In every way.

I'm not sure, as I haven't been following it that closely, but I am pretty sure I saw something here about the Destiny being in dry dock recently. Don't know the extent of what was done...Maybe run a search?

Also, the incredibly, unbelievably long Destiny thread here is priceless in terms of info. If you end up booking, take it a few pages a night, but do try to get through it, I doubt you'll be sorry!

We went on the Destiny on our first cruise, mainly because we wanted to see Aruba. I have now been on 3 cruises, and the Destiny is still my favorite! I'm thinking of booking her again if I can get a good deal on air fare.:)

We sailed on Destiny last April to the Southern Caribbean and loved it. Destiny is no longer considered a "mega" ship since newer, bigger ships like the Conquest and Glory etc... have came out but Destiny still feels like one of the big ships to me. That was the only thing I didn't enjoy about the trip but some people prefer the newer, bigger ships.

Even though Destiny's been around for a while it doesn't show its age at all. We had a balcony cabin on the Lido deck and the carpets were clean as were the bathrooms and hallways. The restuarant on the Lido deck was spacious, we never had to walk around looking for a table like we have had to do on other ships (probably because it has 2 stories) and we very rarely had to wait in line for the buffet. Room service was wonderful as well.

I'd do this cruise again in a heartbeat for the ports. The Southern Caribbean is my absolute favorite. Aruba and Barbados are beautiful. We actually planned a longer (11-night) Southern Caribbean cruise with Celebrity we liked the ports so much.

Happy sailing..........

Archived