Just married aboard Serenade!

tjv

Well, we are back from our gorgeous wedding and honeymoon aboard the Serenade!

We had a few snags related to a very inexperienced wedding coordinator but everything worked out and the wedding and reception were beautiful.

The thing I really want to stress is that you are not necessarily limited by what Royal Romance tells you. For example, we were told by RR that it would be "impossible" for us not to see each other on the day of the wedding. This was NOT TRUE! Our wedding coordinator said right away it was no problem and helped us work it out smoothly. If there is something about your wedding that is very important to you, tell your wedding coordinator and chances are they and the cruiseline will be happy to meet your request.

A few things I was concerned about before my wedding:

Flowers: My flowers (We had the harmony package) were gorgeous! It was a round arrangement with white roses and purplish-blue orchids. Very elegant and not "cheesy" like I had feared.

San Juan marriage license All I can say is that paying the extra fee for Royal Caribbean to help you obtain the licence is WELL WORTH IT. When we got to PR, our wedding coordinator had already visited the doctor to get his signature. She took us to the demographic registry, where we sat comfortably while she stood in line and filled out all the papers! All we did was go up to the counter at the end of the process to sign.

Reception We were thrilled by the way our reception was handled by the cruiseline staff. We were afraid that we would be rushed to get out of there and that was not the case at all. Granted, our wedding was the only one that day, but they allowed us to stay for an extra HOUR and our bartender Hussein continued to serve us drinks from the open bar well past the one hour we had paid for. The cruiseline also provided champagne for all our guests for the toast, not just us. At the close of the reception, our guests (all nonsailing) were not rushed off the ship at all.

If anyone has any questions or would like more details, please let me know.

Tessie

Congratulations!

We had a awesome time as well. The weather could not have been better and AWFY rocked. All I know is by the time we got to the love and marriage show I was exhausted. I was a crabby bride. icon_rolleyes.gif Other then that it was awesome. Cant wait to book our next cruise.

Stacey

Serenade of the Seas 2004

Hi! We got married in St. Thomas sailing on the Serenade on 4/17. It was beautiful and we used "A Wedding For You". They did an excellent job and were significantly cheaper than RR.

Congratulations! All the best to you!

Archived