Edge S1 cabin question

darsura

Looking at an upcoming sailing in an S1, and cabins are available on Decks 9, 10, and 11.  All are midship and one is very close to the elevators. The deck plan indicates that some of the cabins have a double sofa bed, and others have a single sofa bed, or nothing is indicated.  I would not be needing the use of the sofa bed.  All look good to me, but never having been on the E class or in a suite, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or preferences that they would like to share.

Thanks!

You will be spoiled any midship should be fine there are only two elevators banks be close to one will cut down steps needed. The Edge has a suite restaurant called Luminae, a indoor suite lounge the retreat with free drinks all day plus light breakfast and appetizers around dinner time , the real treat is outdoor retreat with swimming pool , hot tub , bar and restaurant. You need drink package to access outdoor retreat bar. Lunch in outdoor retreat is a very small menu but handy when Luminae is closed for lunch on port days . 

1 hour ago, darsura said:

Looking at an upcoming sailing in an S1, and cabins are available on Decks 9, 10, and 11.  All are midship and one is very close to the elevators. The deck plan indicates that some of the cabins have a double sofa bed, and others have a single sofa bed, or nothing is indicated.  I would not be needing the use of the sofa bed.  All look good to me, but never having been on the E class or in a suite, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or preferences that they would like to share.

Thanks!

Personally, we would book an S1 on the AFT if it was available.

Considering your available choices, we would book on deck 11. Luminae is far forward on deck 12 so you could either take the elevator, or walk up one flight of stairs to get to it, which is what we have done before.

Enjoy your cruise on the Edge!  We did, 5 times. 😁

4 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Personally, we would book an S1 on the AFT if it was available.

Considering your available choices, we would book on deck 11. Luminae is far forward on deck 12 so you could either take the elevator, or walk up one flight of stairs to get to it, which is what we have done before.

Enjoy your cruise on the Edge!  We did, 5 times. 😁

I really disliked our corner aft , suite and balcony was really nice but really disliked the long walk to get to Luminae or the retreat , but I am showing my age. ( loved my penthouse on edge only a few feet from Luminae 😁😁)

Edited by George C

2 minutes ago, George C said:

I really disliked our corner aft , suite and balcony was really nice but really disliked the long walk to get to Luminae or the retreat , but I am showing my age. ( loved my penthouse on edge only a few feet from Luminae 😁😁)

Ah, the Penthouse… been there, seen it, and yes, it is really nice! 
But we love the view from the AFT.

• Like 2

On E Class ships I prefer a SS midship as far forward as possible on deck 11 or 10  to have easy access to the Retreat Luminae on deck 12 and the Retreat lounge and deck elevator.

Edited by terrydtx

On Edge in an SS, we were close to the elevators and noise was not an issue.  We aimed to be able to face the front of the ship when on the couch and facing the TV.  The TV is on the longer side wall closest to the hallway door.   

• Thanks 1