shoe hanger for door...

jdfloyd

Ok, bought one for my first cruise but have yet to use it. The door won't close with it in place! The one I have is plastic and had two metal hook type things you put over the top of the door. Did I buy the wrong kind? I can see where this would be invaluable for make-up, hair supplies, jewelry etc. But as I stated before...the bathroom door won't close!

Joe and Dianna

SENSATION

5/5-5/12 2002

S/S NORWAY

5/18-5/25 2003

Paradise

7/27-8/3 2003

until complete ECSTASY countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;06;28;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Hmmm... that's a tough one to figure out unless you leave the bathroom door open enough to reach what's in the shoe hanger pockets.

On our last few cruises there was no shower rod, the ceiling had a runner built into it for the shower curtain.

Celebration Oct '97

Triumph Dec '99

Sensation Nov '00

Spirit Nov '01

Pride Nov '02

Miracle Apr '04

Glory Sept '04

jd,

It should be some sort of fabric/vinyl...kind of like what a shower curtain in made of. It folds up and that is how you buy it. The pockets are all clear.

You might have to adjust the hooks slightly to get it to fit on the bathroom door, but we've sailed on different cruise lines and had different types of cabins (inside - suites) and have never had a problem.

Now I need to look at what I am suppose to do with the bungee cords...lol.

Jean

Ocean Beeze 10/01

NCL Sun 02/02

RCCL Majesty of the Seas 07/02

Sea Princess 02/03

NCL Sea 03/03

RCCL Serenade of the Seas Transatlantic 08/03

Carnival Victory 11/03

RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas....MARDI GRAS!!!!!!02/04

Carnival Destiny 06/13/04

RCCL Jewel of the Seas Transatlantic 09/04

Sapphire Princess Orient/Asia 03/05

We have found ours to be invaluable when traveling with the kids, although we don't usually use it when traveling alone. Ours has two flattened metal hooks at the top, and we've never had a problem with it fitting the door properly (we hang it on the outside of the bathroom door for easy access from the cabin). If it fits over your doors at home, it should work on the ship as well. Good luck!!!!!

10th Anniversary Cruise -- Paradise, March 2004

Two Little Sailors: Victoria's First and Benjamin's Fourth cruise -- Carnival Victory, October 2003

Benjamin Sails to Bermuda-- Carnival Triumph, May 2002

Benjamin's Birthday Cruise -- Carnival Destiny, Jan. 2002

Benjamin's First Cruise -- Carnival Victory 2000

Paradise 3/04 - Exotic W. Caribbean

Carnival Victory 10/03 - Bahamas

Carnival Triumph 5/02 - Bermuda

Carnival Destiny 1/02 - S. Caribbean

Carnival Victory 10/00 - Nassau

Inspiration 7/99 - S. Caribbean

Tropicale 1/99 - W. Caribbean

Carnival Destiny 7/97 - W. Caribbean

Fantasy 4/96 - Bahamas

Fantasy 7/94 - Bahamas

I've never had a problem with the kind that use metal hooks that go over the door. You should be fine!

Jan

NEXT CRUISE - MIRACLE 2/13/05!

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory, Conquest, Sensation

I just got one yesterday at Dollar Tree ($1) and it is like a hanger at the top. I was hoping there'd be a bathrobe hook on the door, but the shower curtain rod is a great idea...if there is one!

Karen

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;20;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Elation 6/20/04

Originally posted by kenziebaby:

I was hoping there'd be a bathrobe hook on the door, but the shower curtain rod is a great idea...if there is one!

Karen

They also sell the self stick (3M) wall hooks at Dollar Tree, 4 / $1.00. I carry a few different kinds in my luggage and also the extra sticky gum (got it at Lowes) so they can be reused. They're great for hanging lighter weight items on the door in the bath or closet.

Celebration Oct '97

Triumph Dec '99

Sensation Nov '00

Spirit Nov '01

Pride Nov '02

Miracle Apr '04

Glory Sept '04

We took one of the shoe hangers on our last cruise and I had the same problem...the hangers prevented the bathroom door from closing. I ended up hanging it from the soffit by the desk instead. This way it was right by the desk where I did my make-up, hair, etc. and was very handy (although it looked kinda weird hanging there!)

This time I bought one of the shoe holders from Dollar Tree (mentioned in an earlier post too). It was only a dollar and has a clothing type hanger at the top. It is a smaller version of the one I took before but I think it will work out OK. It should be easy to just hang it on one of the clothing hooks either in the bathroom or the cabin itself.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till we are in Paradise again!

Paradise 6/2004

Paradise 6/2002

We had the metal hooks also and it worked fine. Hang it from the inside of the bathroom door. Put the hooks apart at each end of the door. It was a little snug to close but it did close fine. Hope it works out. icon_smile.gif

Archived