Noordam cabana

Cheekyrn1

I’m confused. I’m looking at cabana info page where it clearly states there are retreat cabanas on Noordam yet when I call to book the agent tells me that the Noordam does not have any cabanas. Which is true?  Thank you

IMG_2064.png

1 hour ago, southamptoncruisers said:

Hope not got one booked on the Oosterdam for 12 days from Wednesday.                                                    

I'm pretty sure it's only Noordam where the Retreat was removed.  However, I think on Oosterdam the cabanas have some silly cabinet thing and a settee rather than 2 chaise lounges.  Haven't seen it in person - only photos, and not something I would want.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnCoffield said:

We were on the Noordam in march & definitely no cabanas then (which is a good thing, I think - not a fan of ship within a ship concept)

Except cabanas aren't "ship within a ship", as anyone can book them. They are not only available to those in certain cabin levels.

Just now, CruiserBruce said:

Except cabanas aren't "ship within a ship", as anyone can book them. They are not only available to those in certain cabin levels.

I know that. Just not a fan of areas on any ship not open to all passengers, whether by cabin class or payable.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/25/2023 at 9:24 AM, JohnCoffield said:

I know that. Just not a fan of areas on any ship not open to all passengers, whether by cabin class or payable.

Does that go for Thermal Suite, Pinnacle Grill and Caneletto as well?

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2023 at 8:22 AM, CruiserBruce said:

I sort of understand, but agree that it's a subtle difference. I can't pinpoint why that's the case. We have experienced an inside cabin only once, and the only way I imagine we'd try an inside cabin again is if we also booked a cabana -- and had plenty of sea days.