Divi Little Bay Beach

maxmaxmax

Maxmaxmax,

We spend about 3 hours at little Divi Beach in November and we loved it! We didn't use really any amentities (other than the rest room), but the beach was beautiful. It wasn't very busy (lots of room to lay down) and there were some chairs available. We grabbed 2 lounge chairs and no one said a thing about it. The sand was nice and soft, the water was beautiful. It was our first time to the island, so we kept our time at the beach short because we wanted to see other things also. If going back, I would definitly go to that beach again. There was a restaurant there, and I think a couple of shops (that belong to the hotel), but as I said, we never used them, just laid on the beach, enjoyed the sun and swam!

Have a great time!

Amy

We went there last April. We tried Orient in 04 and much preferred the beach on Little Divi. Much more calm, nice clean area, closer to the ship, etc. I don't really get why all the fuss over orient, it's on the atlantic side and most of the time you have to look at people who should know better than to parade around naked. I know to each it's own but really.

There are jetskis, banana boats for rent and the bathrooms are clean. We did the divi tour from rccl and it included 2 drink tickets, lunch and beach chairs.

We have always done the ship's excursion to Orient and would like to try something different. Is it easy getting a taxi to Little Divi and back? What is the price for a taxi? How far away from the pier is it? Thanks so much.

We went to Divi last Oct. I remember the taxi ride for the four of us (me, hubby, two kids) was aroung $20-30 dollars. Sorry that I can't remember the exact amount, yet another senior moment at 42! We paid for two chair and an umbrella $15? The beach was very nice. Quiet, clean and the water was calm. No nudity that we saw. We ate lunch at the beachside restaurant; sandwiches and chicken fingers , very nice. The restrooms were very clean and on the opposite side of the hotel there was a beautiful view of our ship in the harbor. The taxi ride was short and went back to town to do a little shopping. All in all a great day! Hey what's not to like, sun, sand, surf and shopping, my four favorite "S"'s!:D

We have always done the ship's excursion to Orient and would like to try something different. Is it easy getting a taxi to Little Divi and back? What is the price for a taxi? How far away from the pier is it? Thanks so much.

Aquarian,

Taking a taxi to Little Divi is BEYOND easy. When you get off the ship and walk through the duty free area there is a section up ahead at to the right where there is a taxi stand. They have set posted rates for different areas. Divi is very close to the ship and doesn't take long to get there. I don't recall it being a very expensive cab ride. I think it was only $2 or 3 per person. I know it can't be much more than that, cuz my hubby is cheap and wouldn't have agreed to go if it was going to cost us $10 each.. LOL :)

Good Luck and have fun!

Amy

I know a few people has asked this question but I haven't seen any answer's to it, when going to Little Divi on your own, do you have to check in with anyone to use their beach, do you even have to go into a building, or do you just go straight to beach? Hope someone that has been there will have a anwer, this beach sounds perfect to spend a few hours on.

Thanks

Yes, does anyone know where they drop you off?

OrangeCrush, it seems kinda funny that so many people said that they have been to this beach but evidently can't answer these questions, I have seen these questions asked several times.:confused:

I'll make a deal with you, I will be in St. Maarten May 3rd if I go before you, I will come back and answer your question, if you go before me, please come back and answer mine, o.k.?:)

Thanks,

Hope everyone has a great cruise.

OK Suede, Now ya've gone and made me feel really guilty.:o I don't know the answer for sure as last time we went with Carnival, But.. from what I can see when you pull into the property the carnival van drove past the hotel buildings on the right and parked in the parking lot. Between the parking lot and the buidings there is a circular drive right along the cement walkway.(I'm thinking this must be the taxi drop off area) In between the low rising buidings and the big resturant/registration bldg is a large/medium wlkway that takes you to another beachfront walkway. Turn right, walk a few yards and either turn right to go to the beach(this is where the ship's ttour people and day people are to sit. Beach chairs are $5. pp and umbrellas are also$5, or you can turn left and walk thru a little courtyard with tables and chairs and then turn left and walk 5 feet and there is a beautiful pool with nice lounge chairs and umbrelas.No extra charge for this, if you are with Carnival tour. We are getting a massage and were told we could use this pool for no charge as we would be the Spa's guest for the day. Not sure if you can use the area on your own but don't see how they can stop you. No one was there to check on who you are and the tour aren't given any kind of wristband to wear or anything. Last time we sat at the pool area the whole time(it was so quiet and relaxing) and just went for walks on the beach.

Our taxi dropped us off on the circular drive that bluecruisin talked about. The beach is right there just a few yards in front of you. An employee of the resort asked if we needed beach chairs and umbrellas. He set us up on the beach and we paid him $5 for each chair and umbrella. It was most certainly very easy to get to from the cruise ship and was a picture perfect day:D

I have to post this... I did not like Divi. I went with Carnival's excursion, and the ride over really was horrible. They packed you in the taxi like sardines. Then the beach was very crowded. The water was nice, but there really was not much room on the beach at all. The meal was not too good, and I have seen nicer restaurants and bars than what they had here. The guy playing music talked way too much for my liking - I really just wanted to relax and enjoy the water. With all of the people, the DJ talking and playing bad music, and lots of kids screaming, it just was not my cup of tea.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Divi last week during our Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I was not impressed. I think the taxi ride was $4 per person from the port. It was a short drive, around 10 minutes or so. We decided to go to Divi because we had already went on an island tour and to the butterfly farm in the am, and didn't have much time before the ship set sail in the afternoon. We wanted to go to Orient, but it seemed too far to drive with only 2 hours left in the day.

The water was pretty, but the sand was very course. There was also a bit of a drop off in the water as you waded in (might be scary for smaller children). We definitely could have used our water shoes, but left them on board. The water was much colder than in St. John (Trunk Bay) the day before. There were many local children in the water apparently having some sort of swim lesson. I guess the kids only go to school till 11am on Wednesday, and it was a Wednesday. We ate at one of the restaurants and it wasn't too unreasonable as far as resort restaurants go. It was the restaurant to the far left after you enter the beach. The onion rings were GREAT!!!

We did find two chairs under a shade umbrella that we took (we didn't have to pay anybody, so I guess it is free??) Didn't get to do any snorkeling, but many people were.

Don't get me wrong, it was a typical Caribbean beach with nice clear water, but was too crowded and overpopulated for my taste. Maybe it was the comparison to Trunk Bay the day before that made it not so great. Overall, I wouldn't go back to Divi, but maybe try Orient or one of the more remote beaches next time.

Hope this helps...

I just returned also, but had a completely different experience. We got there early, maybe around 9am, and had our choice of chairs and umbrellas. There were a fair amount of people, but not crowded at all. I believe it was a Wednesday too, March 29th. We left at 1pm and never did pay for the umbrella and chairs, because no one came by to collect and I didn't see anywhere to pay. I thought the water was just right, warm enough to stay in for over an hour (I am from California). Anyway, it was a lovely day and very relaxing. There was plenty to do it you wanted to participate in water sports, but I just watched.

I was at Divi on 03/29/06 (Caribbean Princess). The cab ride was $4.00pp each way, there is no charge to use the beach, and we paid $5.00ea for beach chairs. The kids were able to rent boogie boards for $5.00ea. There were also jet skies, sea kayaks, etc for rent. They had fun but I really did not care for this beach. I thought it was small and did not like the drop off. When you get off the ship you just walk to the taxi area (follow the signs) and line up depending on which beach you are going to (I saw signs for Dawn, Orient but can't remember the prices). There are gentlemen there to direct you to the taxi. Very well run, we were on our way in about 5 minutes. I've not seen the other beaches but would go elsewhere if returning to St. Martin.

• 4 weeks later...

We spent the day at Divi in 2005 and we absolutely loved it. It was a nice, clean, quiet beach. There were plenty of people around but it bever felt overcrowded. We went through Carnival's excursion which included lunch and 2 drinks. The food was good. We are cruising to St. Maarten again in July and plan on going to Divi on our own. I e-mailed the resort and asked them about using the beach. They said that all the beaches in St. Maarten are public and that we were free to use their gorgeous beach. We will rent chairs and an umbrella for $5 each. Quite a bargain!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived