Best restaurant PLUS beach

Rdclfamily

We want to eat the best Mexican food in port.  Where is that located and how do we get there?

Also, safety is a concern of mine.  I want to be sure if we are not traveling with a cruise ship excursion that we will be safe.

Even better if this restaurant is on the beach, so we can hang + have a fabulous meal.

On 11/10/2023 at 5:57 PM, Rdclfamily said:

We want to eat the best Mexican food in port.  Where is that located and how do we get there?

Also, safety is a concern of mine.  I want to be sure if we are not traveling with a cruise ship excursion that we will be safe.

Even better if this restaurant is on the beach, so we can hang + have a fabulous meal.

Coz is an easy place to grab a cab and DIY.  Check out www.cozumelmycozumel.com and www.cozumelinsider.com.  Lots of good info covering beaches and restaurants.  Even have some coupons.  We have visited Coz 13 times and Chankanaab Park is the only place that we have been to multiple times.  The best food that we have had was at Casa Denis in downtown San Miguel.  You could eat inside or al fresco. 

IMO, Mexican food is very regional.  In Cozumel, El Mercado  down town is you best bet for a variety of Yucatan food. You want to get Conchinita Pibil ( the pulled pork) in a torta or taco. The panuchos with chicken and seasoned with recados. And the marquesitas crepes.

For a sit down meal, you can't go wrong at La Choza or La Mission, both downtown.

For Beach food, La Monina north of downtown and Albertoson the southwest side across from the entrance to El Cedral have really good food, not limited to the basic Am-Mex selections for tourists.

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2023 at 5:57 PM, Rdclfamily said:

Best” is subjective.  Do you want authentic Yucatan food, a local eatery or “better class”tourist restaurant providing “Mexican” food? 

The “best” local restaurants are in town. You will get Tex-mex at the beach bars. Better beach food at Buccanos. Better beach with activities for teens south of port at Sanchos or Paradise Beach. 

Near to International, 1xKool offers Mayan experience, either restaurant or cooking class. 

Hundreds of taxis on Cozumel operating within the tourist zone. Prices are listed on a board at the port. Agree price before you get in and take photo of taxi cab number, (in case you forget something, or need to report).

• Like 1