3 people in 1 room?

Joh1Kar2

Isn't this related to the type of ship? I have cruised twice on a Fantasy Class ship and once on a Conquest class with 3 people in the room. I have always had an ocean view room. On the Fantasy we had 2 twin beds and a roll-away. On the Inspiration it was one twin and a bunk bed. The Conquest offered twins made into a king and a convertible couch. Have they changed the rooms on the Fantasy class ships??

Elation ocean view cabins do not have sofabeds. You will either get two twin beds and one upper, or two twin beds and they will bring in a rollaway. The rollaway isn't very comfortable for an adult, so I would suggest you make sure you get a triple occupancy cabin that has an upper berth.

Agree. We travel triple all the time and it's not a problem. I might add one helpful hint though...

Over the years of different cruises, my husband has developed a routine of a late afternoon steam bath in the gym area. He takes his toiletry bag with him. After a leisurely steam, he takes his evening shower then shaves, etc. right there in the men's locker room. On most ships, the men's locker rooms are spacious and well supplied. He comes back to the room ready to dress for dinner.

Meanwhile, my daughter and I have the bathroom to ourselves to shower/blow dry/make up, etc.

This system really works and everyone is happy and in a great mood when we leave the cabin for dinner! :p

PS - The upper berths are VERY comfortable, but climbing down at night in an inside cabin with no lights can be treacherous. No liquids after 8 pm!! LOL

We did the 3 adults (all in our 50s) in a room bit on the Paradise a year ago. First cruise for all of us. 4A guarrentee, and ended up in a 4E. Two twin beds and a rollaway. All beds were fine, although the rollaway is not on legs of any kind. (Frame with springs on the floor with a mattress). It was hard to get out of in the morning when you're accustomed to swinging your legs out of bed and down onto the floor.

As another poster hinted at, our problems were not with the beds. Getting DW, myself and DW's female friend all dressed and ready for dinner at one time in the cabin was interesting. Logistics of who gets the bathroom when and who can get dressed infront of who were comical at times.

Would I do it again? Cruising is better than not cruising. My next cruise is booked with just DW and myself.

Ski when the powder's deep.

Cruise when it melts.

Work like a dog to pay for the expensive habits.

Archived