Paradise Beach

kcmo74

18 minutes ago, JustUs275 said:

I thought I read a post from you where they did send you a pic for #22, but I cannot find that post again to see the view. #14 and #22 are both available for our date, as well as #16. Decisions, decisions!

@OCSC Mike - never mind, I found the post 🙃

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you for all the advice concerning Paradise Beach.  We are planning a cruise in January and will plan to go there.  A couple of questions.  How early did you reserve your day at Paradise Beach?  This is July; visit is in January.  

I read the article about tipping, but.... Who, when and how much do you tip?  We are 2 adults, not much alcohol drinking:  $68 pp entry, $70 daybed.  What do we tip?  thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, georgiacat said:

A couple of questions.  How early did you reserve your day at Paradise Beach?  This is July; visit is in January.

Not sure if you were asking someone specifically but we'll be there a week from today on July 17th and booked back in November. If you want a specific daybed, I'd book sooner rather than later but you can probably wait a little while if you prefer to. I saw the daybeds begin filling up for our day about 2-3 months out or so (though they didn't sell out until a bit closer to the date).

1 hour ago, georgiacat said:

I read the article about tipping, but.... Who, when and how much do you tip?  We are 2 adults, not much alcohol drinking:  $68 pp entry, $70 daybed.  What do we tip?  thanks

I haven't been there yet and I'm not sure exactly how much I will tip but I am not including the cost of the daybed in my decision. I'm also not going to tip on an itemized bill if I receive one. As mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm paying a flat fee for AI food/drink so my cost is $134 (it was $67pp when we booked). I don't care if an itemized bill says I ordered $300 worth of stuff; that just doesn't make any sense to me. I'll tip some % of $134 depending on the service to the two servers I expect to have serving us all day.

Tipping is of course a personal decision so don't go by my thoughts; just tossing out what feels right to me since you asked. I'm sure some people tip more and some tip less than whatever amount I decide on once we're there.

Would love to hear anyone else's thoughts on tipping who has been there if they feel comfortable sharing. No judgment from me, just curious.