Can so one please tell me how to say this??

Thatmom

Hi,

I'm not sure how I can make this a cruise question.

Lets say your going to order at dinner. How would you say penne.... noodles

do you say it pen-na or do you say pen-nee...

I have been corrected know matter which way I say. I thought and please correct me if I'm wrong......pen-nee..

I know this doesn't sound like that big of deal but it really bugs me not to know......

Thanks,

Carla

Hi,

Thanks so much... .now I know...

Don't mind looking stupid here but was getting tired of pointing..

Now I know and will speak out loudly!!

One more thing is anybody else having trouble getting this site to open? It is so slow and sometimes just won't let me in.

Carla

One more thing is anybody else having trouble getting this site to open? It is so slow and sometimes just won't let me in.

Carla

Big time for me tonight. I keep getting the "web site not responding" message. Over and over and over!!! :mad:

Glad to know it's not just me though! :)

Carla

Yes, we all are, from extremely high volume of traffic, a lot of which is due to people not going to www.webster.com for pronuciation, www.carnival.com to find out how many formal nights, www.fashion.com to find out what shoes would go with a long black skirt and sequin top, www.digitalcam.com to ask what digital camera is best....

well, you get the picture... hopefully this message will even post due to the traffic this site can't handle.

Yes, we all are, from extremely high volume of traffic, a lot of which is due to people not going to www.webster.com for pronuciation, www.carnival.com to find out how many formal nights, www.fashion.com to find out what shoes would go with a long black skirt and sequin top, www.digitalcam.com to ask what digital camera is best....

well, you get the picture... hopefully this message will even post due to the traffic this site can't handle.

Yeah but if everyone did that what would you gripe about then? ;)

What, are you trying to put me out of my job?

I am so glad you asked that question...LOL..I've wondered that also.My life never put me in a situation where knowing these kind of things became inportant to me until I discovered cruising on a Carnival ship.Carnival being the "FUN SHIPS" makes it easier to ask these sort of questions. The other lines just sounded like they were for a little more sophistcated group.When is your cruise & what ship are you going to be on? I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

Mr.Dood, I just gotta ask..are you a traffic cop or in air traffic control?:rolleyes: You work so hard at directing the traffic on these boards. Don't get your tail feathers ruffled..I'm just poking fun at ya!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Pen-nay :)

Atleast I stayed on topic....I had to poke fun at you because the site would go much faster if you were answering the questions and not giving "how-to-respond" information.:D (I bet he stays up all night reading every post):p

June

No matter how you say it, pen-nay, pen-nee or just pen, I'm sure the waiter will know exactly what you are referring to.

But this reminds me of my Mom - who tends to mispronounce a lot of things. She made someone at our table choke on an ice cube when she ordered a "skrewer" instead of a skewer.

Have fun!

Hikini:D

• 2 weeks later...

:confused: well I have always pronounced it Pen-nay however I was watching a cooking show on the cooking channel and she pronounced it Pen-nee...but not to worry as I just got back after a 11 night cruise and I know I might have mispronounced a few words and was never corrected at all....if in doubt especially on french night, just point and say that looks good, I'll try that ;)

• 2 weeks later...
:confused: well I have always pronounced it Pen-nay however I was watching a cooking show on the cooking channel and she pronounced it Pen-nee...but not to worry as I just got back after a 11 night cruise and I know I might have mispronounced a few words and was never corrected at all....if in doubt especially on french night, just point and say that looks good, I'll try that ;)

Penne is italian, not french.

• 5 weeks later...
I'm a chef, this is correct.

How do you pronounce oregano, herbs and tomatoes...?

:D

In my culinary classes those words above were definately not pronounced like the norm...

More like herr-bs, ore-gaw-no, and toe-maw-toes..

Yes, it's pen-nay btw...

Archived