RCI Points (or Weeks)

I was wondering if anyone has participated in this RCI timeshare program. I have found websites referring to it and how to use points (or weeks) but I can't seem to locate where to signup initially. I would like to find a RCI timeshare program but have no idea who much it would cost, etc. Thanks for any help!

Tech,

There are lots of timeshares out there. Some are worth belonging to and others are real dogs. If you intend to buy a timeshare to cruise you will be wasting your money. The points required are greater than the purchase price of a cruise.

I probably would get in trouble telling you more about Timeshares here, but if you email me I will tell you what I know.

which we have 3 weeks & selling one for $25,000. We did the cruise thing & what a rip off. Inside cabins only, you still pay port charges, taxes, & a fee for the exchange. Buying the cruise thru my TA was cheaper & we still had Maui for another week.

Hawaii is #1 for timeshares, rated HIGH & RED so you can exchange for the best anywhere since everyone wants yours. Ours is Embassy Vacation Resort, the only 12 story all suite timeshare on Maui. It is one week per year OCEANVEW. 2 hours of free booze daily too!

Email me for added details. I will pay your maintenance for 2007.

I have had a timeshare for 15 years. We feel it is one our best investments. We bought resale through a realtor and saved a lot of money. It is NOT worth trading for a cruise. Better off renting it and using that money to pay for your cruise. Any more questions I will be glad to answer. smdjohn@bellsouth.net

I agree with suezyq50 we like our timeshare, just not for exchanging for a cruise. I've compared RCI with most of the major cruise travel sites and I personally have never seen an RCI price for a cruise cheaper than a major travel site, usally they are higher in price.

Archived