A request for Calm and to remember what is important

PrincessDreams4P&B

I know that I am a newcomer to these boards but I have found the last few hours of postings very troubling. I am seeing posters trying to incite others, poster are being called "liars" for simply relaying the information that they have recieved from their travel agent.

I understand that people who have upcoming cruises are anxious to know if their cruise will be cancelled, who wouldn't, you wait, plan and look forward to your vacation for a long time. You work hard thoughout the year and this is your time to relax. I respect that completely and would feel the same if I was in your position. However, let's not forget that someone died on this cruise and a man's family is greiving. They probably never thought in a million years that when he left that he would not be coming back. Calling people names and posting things to incite others is not only disrespectful to other CC members but to the family of the man who died, those who were injured and to those who fought to put out the fire and keep passangers safe. If this happened to your family, is this what you would want to see after such a tragedy?

I guess what I am asking is that we be respectful to each other on these boards. We are here to give each other advice, share experiences and ask or give help. I am sad that a vetern poster has said that she will not come back to these boards due to someone attacking her for relaying what happened to her parents.

These boards have been invaluable to me and have helped me plan a wonderful vacation for my family. The blaming, name calling and disrespectful posts should stop and we should remember why we are all here.

Thank you for listening.

Well said! I couldn't agree more with the sentiments you express. I have already sent a message to the hosts saying much the same thing (although not as eloquently as you've put it). I've read these boards for many years now and never have I seen such a degeneration in the tone and quality of threads posted... and I find it very sad.

Thank you - hopefully 'some' will now take the opportunity to reflect.

Laura

Thank you so much for your perspective. You get such a bad feeling hearing all the negative comments. Yes , I am frustrated as we (and 14 others) are scheduled on the 4/2 Star cruise for my sons wediding but things will work out and feel very grateful that there were not more seriouslly injured or deceased. Things will work out - my son will get married somewhere, maybe on the STAR but probably not likely. He is already looking at other alternatives. Thanks again for your very needed comments.

I am so sorry that your son's wedding is in question, this must be tourture. I am not sure if you can but my husband and I got married at the Sandals resort (the Royal Bahamian) and it was wonderful, We had 12 of our family and friends with us and got married in a beautiful gazebo on the water. Sandals handled everything and we had a wonderful reception and got great pictures and even a wedding video. If you are not capable of going on the 4/2 cruise, maybe you can change it to something like Sandals or similar. My thoughts are with you and I am hoping for the best. Please let me know what happens!

Here is Sandals info:

http://www.sandals.com/general/wedding.cfm

Thanks for your concerns regarding the wedding. Alternatives already are being planned for the wedding to be in FL Sat night if we cant go cruising and then ..... not sure. Biggest problem for most of the guests is that they dont have the expendable money without 1st getting reimbursed from Princess which I am sure will take weeks to get. Just have to wait till we hear from Princess. Thanks again for your suggestion. Note: originally we tried to talk our son into a resort wedding but they really wanted the cruis experience.

I totally agree with you too:) I remember a thread a while back entitled "creepy adult behavior". Am seeing a lot of that these past few days, it's shocking. You really learn a lot about human behavior at times like this.

Archived